Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Go saints

Post by Sarah »

I am hoping for one more move Netta , but John is dragging his feet,
it looks like the only way he will move out of here is in a box,
anyway his mate is coming down from Albury they got there tickets so
I expect them to get a little bit inebriated, they reckon it is going to be a very
wild day weather wise.. Hope your move goes very smoothly Netta..
johnboy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by johnboy »

Hi Sarah, good to here from you,sorry your man is a saint supporter,goodness you hinny got him weel trained,{BUT}i will tell ye what,saints used tae love people kissin their feet,well,come saturday it will be reversed and i will be glad tae let them kiss mine and i will no be washin them first.Will say hi to Barbara for you.
Hi Netta,good tae see ye have jumped oan the waggon,hope that wee man of yours has done the same or i will gee him a wee bit o curry and some you know whit if he has,nae.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Johnboy,

Think you had better be a wee bit careful. Big John isn't a St. Kilda supporter - he's a former St. Kilda player. :shock:
As you saw Jamie was down today, so he wont be down to watch the game on Saturday ... having to pass through Geelong to get here might be Ok. But trying to get back through there on Saturday night would be near impossible - they've just annouced street closures.
johnboy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by johnboy »

No problem hughie,i will be over later today,just make sure the beer is in the fridge getting nice and cold and Betty has made plenty of saucage rolls and they are nice and hot,also dont forget the potato crisps and tim-tams.Looking forward to a good day and one sided game.........GO CATS
maggie
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by maggie »

Hi John you will be glad that the
cat's won I was hoping St Kilda
would win because of Big John
but as my son said they had their
chances and they lost Hope you
have a good celebration you lot
down in Gellong territory
dont' get too drunk
Margaret :lol:
johnboy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by johnboy »

Hi Maggie,was over at the auld yins watchin the game,it was a great game,both teams played really well and i am only glad geelong came out on front,had a lovely afternoon wi hughie and betty watchin the game.
Felt really sorry for the saints players and all their supporters,couldnt bare to see them cry[HA HA],they were that sure they were going to win ,but the CATS stood up and showed them who the real champions were.
YES..we are geelong.the greatest team of all'
we are geelong we are always on the ball'
we play the game as it should be played,
at home or far away'
our banners flying high,
from dawn to dark,
down at kardinnia park.........GO CATS....2009 Premiers.
Went out to club wi hughie and betty and bobbie,netta,lovely meal and good company,we didnt drink much.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

I'm Sorry the Saints didn't win. It could have gone either way and was a real hard slog. Yes John, you graciously supplied brought the beer while yours truly kindly supplied the hot pies. Don't you think you could have left the unopened beers for your host instead of taking them back across the road? :( :wink:

John, you forgot to mention your Stinston house guest, Irene (Park) Dickie down from Sydney for the week was with us at the golf club along with Bobby and Netta for the evening meal. Great meal, great company! :D
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Nights like this are pearls aren't they Hughie - win or lose.

Meg
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

[quote="Meg Gordon"]Nights like this are pearls aren't they Hughie - win or lose.

Not really when you lose Meg, we had a very quite night,
Big John and his mate were not too happy, but both agreed the saints
missed a lot of chances, and of course Johnboy the ref was definately on Geelong
side for one of their goals " Touche" Im glad you all had a good time anyway and congratulations
to Geelong they are a great side....
johnboy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by johnboy »

Hi Sarah,it really was a great game,it could have gone either way and lucky for Geelong it went theirs,yes the goal umpire was kind to us and gifted us one but at the same time the Saints were gifted one to ,right on half time so you could say it was even. You have a great team and hopefully they can go on and maybe go one forward next year [as long as they are not against the cats of course], good luck to them in the future.