Andy Murray is back to being "British".....

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Andy Murray is back to being "British".....

Post by Meg »

... mainly because he won at Queens yesterday - now they are setting him up so they can knock him down at Wimbledon - that's when he'll go back to being Scottish. Great match - really enjoyed watching it.

Meg
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Andy Murray is back to being "British".....

Post by Jimmym »

Meg Gordon wrote:... mainly because he won at Queens yesterday - now they are setting him up so they can knock him down at Wimbledon - that's when he'll go back to being Scottish. Great match - really enjoyed watching it.

Meg

Hi Meg your bang on thats why i cant take to them as when he gets bet he is Scottish and when he wins he is British but i hope he can win it as most of all the greats have came out of Scotland Alex Ferguson, Kenny Daglish, Andy murry, and so on and lets hope he will show his colours on the day and shout Freedom ( William Wallace ) He He just to rub it in that would make my day
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

With you there Meg and Jimmy! Oneof the few things, apart from me, that could get my mum's hackles up! :lol:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

morag wrote:With you there Meg and Jimmy! Oneof the few things, apart from me, that could get my mum's hackles up! :lol:
Read a wee bit in today's Sunday Times - the Queen is going to attend Wimbledon for the first time since Virginia Wade won the ladies title in 1977(during her Silver Jubilee year) IF Andy gets through to the final. B*gger caused me to burn the dinner last night (Andy, no the Queen) - and we didn't eat til the match finished. Watching him is like sitting on an ants nest - I am up and down like a fiddlers elbow - cant bear to watch and cant bear not to.

Go Andy son - it's your time !!!!!!!!!!

Meg
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Hi Folk's
Andy Murray gets in to the semi finales of wimbledon after beating Juan carlos Ferrero in three sets,The sets are as follows 7-5 6-3 6-2 go on Andy you can do it win it for Scotland.

Scottish and proud of it Beswishes Jimmy
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

And so the crowd watched and fanned themselves and each other calmly, and though they shouted cheerily enough for Murray, there was none of the edge, none of the desperation we used to get with the other fellow. It was a throwback to those days of British certainty, when champions were always British, just as India would always be British. Perhaps the crowd were telling each other Edwardian imperial fan jokes, like the one about the Indian who offered to cool a lady dancer at a ball with her own fan. “Madam, may I make wind in your face?” (from the Times article)

Still British! Did like the Indian joke though!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

I think the Australia media have got the message now,
last few times he was mentioned in the paper or news it said
Andy Murray the Scot...
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

Ach well, there's always a next time...

http://www.scotsman.com/ViewArticle.asp ... ID=5429100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :(
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Catherine Belle wrote:Ach well, there's always a next time...

http://www.scotsman.com/ViewArticle.asp ... ID=5429100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :(
He WILL win a grand slam - I know he will, and he will be Wimbledon Champion if not next year, then the one after that. What a fantastic athlete !!!

Meg
oilers
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by oilers »

Andy gave us all a great thrill-he will undoubtly win a major. His big weakness is his temper, needs to learn to control it