Free Whisky

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
TCJohn
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Free Whisky

Post by TCJohn »

I made that up! Just so as I could see if you are a' awake efter Hogmanay!
You'll never guess who this is ...... :?:
It's me remember I'm back bigger and better having a new reconditioned hip and a brain that's aw' rarin' tae go.

I hae lot's to catch up on with you lot so a' hae and I do hope that that lovely pair Josephine and Catherine have been behaving.

My Wee Maisie turned 4 years last October and is as cuddly as ever plus I am thinking she is getting mair like 4 going on 24!

Wishing you all a truly great year in 2006 and hope your Hogmany was not to hard wi' yer heids!

TCJohn
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

Wow TC you look great an so diz wee Maisie I bet she's gote you wrapped around her wee finger. Hope Santa wiz good tae you and your family, it's great tae see ye back aw we need noo is tae see Frank postin. cheers the noo TC.
Josephine. :mrgreen:
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

Hi TCJohn :D :D :D

Welcome back!! Great to see you posting again! :D You're lookin well, and Wee Maisie's beautiful! Look how big she gote! :o
Happy New Year to you and yours John!...I'm so gled y'ur back son!!!

Catherine :D
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
TCJohn
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TCJohn »

Hi Catherine
Yes here I am all rarin' tae go Hen !
It has been a very different year for me with my hip replacement and subsequent recovery time, I took medical retirement and of course resulting in a change of pace. There are aspects off working life I miss like money- but not a lot else! The stresses and tensions of working today are not what I want in my life. I do not like the greed, lack of manners and work ethic among the young of today.
So yes I am pleased to be no longer in the workforce.

Also I now have more time with Sir Jaspar Spaniel ( semi retired!) and now 15 years old which is good for both of us. Naturally his insisting in walking helped me rather more quickly back to normal.

My Wee Maisie is not so wee now aged 4 going on 24 is a bright intelligent wee Girl who never misses a thing! and great fun to be with. Mind you by the end of a day with her one does feel somewhat b....red :-{. Her Mother Steph and Husband Russell have bought a wee farmlet and 1.5 hours drive away and I don't get to see her as much as I have been. But my goodness she is growing. 4 years old last Oct 15 and already takes size 6/7 year clothes! Hardly surprising as her Mum is just under 6' tall and her Dad is 6'3"

Good to be back Catherine BUT I have bought myself a new Fishing rod for my Salmon Fishing when I go on my annual pilgrimage south to Temuka in South Canterbury in Late Feb next year for 2 weeks.
I would like to catch a Salmon or two but in myself the real reason is for me (and was even more so when I was still working and under working pressure) A ritual cleansing in a sense when I got back to and became a part of nature again with sea, birds, sky, weather, solace etc which is a very special feeling and one is regenerated/ reborn... Sorry it is difficult to put into words. All I know is that it is a beautiful place and feelings of regeneration come within me. I have been going there now for more than 30 odd years and may only have missed maybe 3/4 times. I am sure you will understand why I feel this way.
Of course I was unable to go down last fishing season because of my hip problem. This is now well and truly resolved and I should be able to fish once again for Salmon. Although I may bit a bit slower than usual I will still enjoy my trip. I am truly looking forward to it.

Warm regards
John
ellenyoung31
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

subject

Post by ellenyoung31 »

Hi TCJohn.
It is great to see you getting about again.
I hope this year is good for you and yours.
your granddaughter is lovely.
Best wishes, Ellen :)
TCJohn
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TCJohn »

Many thanks for your kind thought Ellen
Yes it is good to be back among guid Ayrshire Folk.

I'm all well and happy these days and Wee Maisie is turning out to be the new wee girl in my Life she is a wee Love right enough. By jove she certainly kens hoo tae get the best oot o' her Grandfaither!

Warm wishes
John