Faulds, Faules, Fauls in Stevenston

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Foulds
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Faulds, Faules, Fauls in Stevenston

Post by Foulds »

Hi,

I'm researching William Faulds born 1807 in Stevenston. His parents were John Faulds/Faules and Grizel Wilkie (who was from Ardrossan).

John Faulds/Faules was born either 1783 or 1778 and his parents were William Faules/Fauls (born 1737 parents William Fauls and Martha Baird) and Margaret Gillies (parents William Gillies and Margaret Kirkwood and born either 1748 or 1741). Widow Fowlds/Margaret Gillies, John Fowlds (weaver) and William lived in The Close (Reverend Landsborough 1819 list). Widow Fowlds/Margaret Gillies and William are still there in the 1822 list.

William Faulds and Elizabeth McBride married in Stevenston in 1825 and had 8 children: John Faulds in 1828, Grace Faulds in 1830, Barbara Faulds in 1833, William Faulds in about 1835, Charles Faulds in about 1836, Robert Faulds in about 1839, James Faulds in 1841 and Maggie Faulds. They lived in Boglemart St (1836 Rev Landsborough and 1841 census).

William and Elizabeth and 5 of their children, John, Grace, Barbara, William and James, migrated to Australia in 1849 where the family name became Foulds. I'm assuming Charles and Robert died in Stevenston and Maggie either died as well or was already married (depending on when she was born).

If anyone has information on any of these families, I would love to hear from them.

Regards

Olwen