Thomas LOVELL of West Kilbride 1852-1911

For those researching family in the three towns area.
triphazard
Settling In
Settling In

Post by triphazard »

Leighdykes or St Andrews as its known now, is a secondary school built next to where St mary's primary was. well it is at the moment till the new super school is finished the RC secondary for the three towns.

Mr McCann was the head master when i was there as well I only left St marys in 1965/6 before i got sent to boarding school with the nuns.

Then left there in 1970 and went to Ardrossan Academy confused or what lol

Martin
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

LOVL Martin, MORE confused than usual :-)

Sent you an e-mail last night (currently 5:15AM, Wed) to your home address but it was too large and "bounced" back to me. Will create two smaller ones a try again probably tonight.
knxyl
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Tom Lovell

Post by knxyl »

Laigh Dykes farm 1n 1871 was owned by Alex McKinnon. It was 90 acres.

Milstonford Farm, owned by John Crawford was 52 acres. Employed there as farm servants were Thomas Lovell, aged 18 and Edward Lovell aged 15.

This was a West Kilbride census, I think, I took it from a microfilm at the LDS library in 1992. I think WK was tacked on at the end of the Ardrossan Census.

Margaret
liz
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Thomas LOVELL of West Kilbride 1852-1911

Post by liz »

st andrews was previously the prodistant school next to st marys and then was granted catholic status . it has now been replaced by what they call a super school called st mathews which i might add has taken up most of laigh dykes park. dykes mains farm has now been converted and the land sold to accomodate new housing scheme all the way up to the top end of the new england housing scheme. how things change eh.