A Local Novel - The Aul' Man

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

More chapters have been added at : http://www.threetowners.com/Book/prologue.htm

Final chapters next week

Enjoy!
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

hewmac wrote:More chapters have been added at : http://www.threetowners.com/Book/prologue.htm

Final chapters next week

Enjoy!
That's it folks, the last three chapters are now published. I'd like to thank John for giving me the chance to publish it. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
mckay47
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

The Aul Man

Post by mckay47 »

Great book!! transported me back home quite a few times. I really enjoyed it. :)
Betty
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: A Local Novel - The Aul' Man

Post by John Donnelly »

Catherine,

I've been meaning to reply for weeks. Christmas, a bit of computer problems, being busy with book 2, (all about the son John and his adventures), and sheer laziness have kept me back.

I liked that bit about living back to back with a famous author. I wish !!!

Here in Holland they make fun of folk by saying that they are world famous in whichever wee place they come from. That's me.

Still, I'm plugging away. I've sent it off to another publisher, - so you never know. You'll be one of the first to get a signed copy if it ever happens.

Hope your Christmas was as good as mine, and hope 2008 brings you everything nice you could wish for.

All the best,

John D.
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

John son, ye're a wee smasher!! :D
I just know your book is going to do well. It's got what it takes...the religion aspect is dead on! I was enthralled by those parts...Chapters 10 and eleven hit me personally...you nailed the sectarian atmosphere to a tee!!
Apart from that, the story itself was a cracker...I'm so glad there's more to come in book two! :D

Onward and upward, son!!

Catherine :D
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Rowanside
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Rowanside »

John,I have just hit this thread,and i am looking forward to reading your novel.Havent read it yet but you sound like the modern day Patrick O,Conner (The Marmalade Saloon","Behind the Bass Rocks").Shall read with interest.

Have a lovely year.
Rowanside
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Rowanside »

Hi,John,Have read about 20 chapters so far,good stuff.As a local man i do recognise the the changes of place names etc,not them all of course.My initial impression was "Angelas Ashes,then O,Conner.I say that as a compliment,not a criticism.The further i read, your own style came to the fore.I look forward to reading the rest.Have you published yet ?

Keep it up,

Alan
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Alan,

thanks for the kind words. I had never heard of Patrick O'Conner till I started getting reactions to the Aul'-man. Having since read his books, I really appreciate the compliment.

Not published yet. Trying hard, but it's very difficult.

John D.
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

John Donnelly wrote:
.....Not published yet. Trying hard, but it's very difficult.
It's a marvelous story, John. Someone will pick it up for publishing soon...you'll see. :wink:
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
salgeouk
Settling In
Settling In

Post by salgeouk »

Hi All, Just finished reading the Aul Man. Really good piece of Literacy. I couldn't put it down. Loved it. Well done and I hope you manage to get it printed. Great work. Sally O xx
arrangazer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by arrangazer »

just started reading The Aul' Man it is so very good,easily read, good luck . Did you realize that the London bookfair is on this week in London bringing a great many of Authors works together.
salgeouk
Settling In
Settling In

Post by salgeouk »

Hi John, How is the book two going? Just wanted to make sure you're still going to do it. Looking forward to it. Sally O xx