3 ARDROSSAN ROAD, SALTCOATS

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: 3 ARDROSSAN ROAD, SALTCOATS

Post by Jim McCreadie »

3 Ardrossan Road should be the 2nd house on the right as you travel north towards Ardrossan; ie. beneath the rise of Caledonia Road - known locally as Caley Brae. St Mary's (aka "Star of the Sea") is, I KNOW, 10 Ardrossan Road.

In the following image, there is a tree to the left of the head of the man in the farthest away cart. Partially hidden by the tree, would be 3 Ardrossan Road.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44850481@N05/4457202400/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."
ward graham
Settling In
Settling In

Post by ward graham »

Hi Jim the building you refer to was 13 ardrossan rd owned by mr Green the dentist
in the photo to the left of the cart above the man standing you can see a sloping roof that is 3 ardrossan road
my birth place
ward graham
LMN

Post by LMN »

Hi All,

My Grandfather was born in 3 Ardrossan Road, he was William McGuire. My mother was Maureen McGuire, married name Johnson, she was born and brought up in Stevenston. My husband is the geneologist in the famly and discovered the connection to 3 Ardrossan Road days after we moved house to 24 Ardrossan Road, directly across the road..spooky or what? If anyone has photos of No3 I would be most greatful for a look/copy?

Much thanks,
Laura McNeil (nee Johnson)
June McBride
Settling In
Settling In

Post by June McBride »

Hello,

The family that lived at 3 Ardrossan Rd in Saltcoats were the McGuires. One of them married a Graham - Jean married Eddie Graham. John McGuire and mary Underwood McGuire were my great grandparents. One of their daughters married a Graham. (Bridget / Biddy) I knew the Grahams, Noreen, Theresa and maybe another brother or sister.

june mc bride
Lang may yer lum reek!
June McBride
Settling In
Settling In

Post by June McBride »

Hi Ward,

I knew Eddie and Jean Graham; I stayed at their house as a child sometimes. My mother, Elizabeth McGuire and Eddie were cousins and Eddie and Jean visited our house in Stevenston. I am doing the genealogy and I think I know where you fit. I think your dad passed away fairly young did he not?

June
Lang may yer lum reek!
wardgraham
New Poster
New Poster

Post by wardgraham »

Hi JUNE biddy was my gran she married edward graham,eddie graham was my fathers brother. my father was micheal graham he was 76 when he died there was a sister called helen she lived in befast.

ward
June McBride
Settling In
Settling In

Post by June McBride »

Hi Ward,

Great to meet you )

I knew Helen - we called her auntie Ellen, she had long black hair and a wheezy chest, chronic asthma maybe. She brought us three girls little tartan purses to Stevenston where we lived when she visited from Belfast. She was referred to as my grandfather's (Bill McGuire, Townhead st then Ardoch crescent) 'youngest sister". Biddy was his sister. I think that although Biddy brought her up, she was born to Mary Ellen McGuire who died, so in a way, she was his sister as well as his niece.

I knew your uncle Eddie and stayed one summer with him and Jean - nice people. He was my mother's cousin, or Jean was, or maybe both.

3 Ardrossan Rd was the home of John McGuire and Mary Underwood, my great grandparents. There are at present at least three or four of us McGuire descendents doing that genealogy, and I think perhaps Eddie and Jean's daughters are on this site.

We have loads of information to share, as well as photos, and I can put you in touch with the others if you like. email me any time at xxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx. I can send you photos of your ancestors right away.

It's a very small, but interesting world. :)

------ edited by moderator ------- it can be quite dangerous to put your full email address on any publicly accessed site on the internet June - you have an email icon on your post - perhaps your contact can email you that way.
Without malice :)
Meg
Last edited by Meg on Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: full email address listed in message
Lang may yer lum reek!
June McBride
Settling In
Settling In

Post by June McBride »

Hi Meg,

That was actually my business email and was on the web everywhere, so I wasn't worried. I have now changed to another email adress, also business, so I don't mind anyone knowing it. Besides, my husband is ex military and visits the pistol range weekly. :)
Lang may yer lum reek!
Darkangel
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Darkangel »

Hello June,
My name is Heidi and my surname before I married was Graham. Ward was my uncle but sadly passed away a few years ago. My fathers name is Bryan Graham, his father was Michael Graham ..I stumbled on this site by typing in my grandfathers name…I never knew this side of my family history and would love to learn more. Hoping you can help me…do you need my email.
Many regards
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Darkangel wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:34 pm …do you need my email.
Hi Heidi, welcome to threetowners. :) No need for your email Address, Heidi. you can use this topic to reply openly with any one who replies - if you feel you want to contact them privately then you can do that privately through the board's internal system via email or by PM (personal messaging)
Greenwood

Post by Greenwood »

My grandfather's family lived there as well, the McGuires. The Grahams were related. If you want to chat about it, let me know.
Darkangel
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Darkangel »

Hello greenwood
Thank you for replying..I would love to chat more