Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by brian f »

Thought i was daft - Boris came out with a good one tonight on the daily briefing
Spoiler
Support Bubble
:roll:
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Never mind Statues . Yesterday's Covid19 deaths
Spain 0
Italy 56
Germany 2
France 0
Belgium 10
Sweden 40
Netherlands 9
Switzerland 1
Poland 7
Ireland 0
Romania 11
Austria 1
Denmark 1
Norway 1
Finland 1
Luxembourg 0
Hungary 2
Greece 0
Bulgaria 0
Croatia 1
UK... 207
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:13 pm Thought i was daft - Boris came out with a good one tonight on the daily briefing
Spoiler
Support Bubble
Actually Brian this was first coined in NZ by Jacinda Ardern as part of her strict lockdown “loosening” - the most successful anti Covid defence world wide.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Meg wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:16 am Never mind Statues . Yesterday's Covid19 deaths
Spain 0
Italy 56
Germany 2
France 0
Belgium 10
Sweden 40
Netherlands 9
Switzerland 1
Poland 7
Ireland 0
Romania 11
Austria 1
Denmark 1
Norway 1
Finland 1
Luxembourg 0
Hungary 2
Greece 0
Bulgaria 0
Croatia 1
UK... 207
Meg, I keep an eye on these figures and we(the UK) consistently tally more than the rest of Europe put together. It makes me so angry how this pandemic was dithered into and how the Tories try to tell us they're doing a great job. I hate politicising this but I really hope the voting public remember this.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Meg wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:18 am
brian f wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:13 pm Thought i was daft - Boris came out with a good one tonight on the daily briefing
Spoiler
Support Bubble
Actually Brian this was first coined in NZ by Jacinda Ardern as part of her strict lockdown “loosening” - the most successful anti Covid defence world wide.
He has actually done something right for a change then ? makes a change
Meg wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:16 am Never mind Statues . Yesterday's Covid19 deaths
Spain 0
Italy 56
Germany 2
France 0
Belgium 10
Sweden 40
Netherlands 9
Switzerland 1
Poland 7
Ireland 0
Romania 11
Austria 1
Denmark 1
Norway 1
Finland 1
Luxembourg 0
Hungary 2
Greece 0
Bulgaria 0
Croatia 1
UK... 207
Meg-(That's a shocker 207)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:13 am
Meg, I keep an eye on these figures and we(the UK) consistently tally more than the rest of Europe put together. It makes me so angry how this pandemic was dithered into and how the Tories try to tell us they're doing a great job. I hate politicising this but I really hope the voting public remember this.
Bonzo - From that 207 - 5 were in Scotland, none in NI and 7 in Wales - so that’s a total of 12 for rUK. George has actually taken my iPad away from me, I get so angry - an Island, cut off from the rest of Europe and meant to be in control of our own entry points - yet per 100,000 of population our death rate is the HIGHEST in the world. We had lots of warning - it didn’t just happen overnight - so I, for one, will NOT forget and I will be working three times as hard for the next election in May 2021 to make sure others don’t.

One interesting fact - the BAME infection and death figures in Scotland are no different from the white Caucasian figures. That’s going to be worth investigating!
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Meg,
using a bit of lateral thinking, that could actually be bad news. It is an accepted fact that Scottish health, in general, leaves a lot to be desired. It could be that the actual level of health in Scotland is lower than that of the white, caucasian population in the rest of the UK, bringing it into line with the BAME population elsewhere.

JD.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

John Donnelly wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:25 pm Meg,
using a bit of lateral thinking, that could actually be bad news. It is an accepted fact that Scottish health, in general, leaves a lot to be desired. It could be that the actual level of health in Scotland is lower than that of the white, caucasian population in the rest of the UK, bringing it into line with the BAME population elsewhere.

JD.
Remember we’ve got the lowest death rate in the uk per 100,000 population John, but we are really good at talking Scotland down - and we’re getting used to it unfortunately.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Meg,
I'm being pragmatic and maybe actually realistic.
As you said yourself, 'that's going to be worth investigating.'
Let's investigate before we assume we're just putting Scotland down again.

JD.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Marcus Rashford for Prime Minister. Well done, son for convincing some-one with no brain to do something that is a no-brainer.

JD.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

I have actually just seen this post, a while back when about 200 had sadly passed away, the government was saying they were trying to keep the death rate below 20,000, when they were saying that away back then that is when the lockdown should have come in, i don't blame boris entirely as he was acting on advice given to him by so called experts, but had it been brought in then the deaths would have been a lot lot less, we see numbers every day of recorded deaths but what we have to remember behind every one of those numbers is a tragedy.

James Barr ( Brvhrtjimmy)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Just watching the mayhem on the south coast of England. Absolutely crazy, who knows what it will be like a week on Saturday when the lockdown is officially lifted? A second spike can't be far away :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-engla ... t-53176717
Those wimin were in the nip.