Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by brian f »

The same down here bonzo :clap: :clap:

A wee tear in my eye..
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I really hope aw these(insert swear word) that have run the NHS into the ground and now expect the world of them recognize what they have done.
Those wimin were in the nip.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Well said that man.

JD. :hi:
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Well said Bonzo - but people's memories are short and profit margins will take priority again VERY soon after this is over.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Our NHS deserve every plaudits that come there way.
Free prescriptions up here for nearly ten yrs have cost NHS billions of pounds.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

creamolafoam wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:06 pm Our NHS deserve every plaudits that come there way.
It’s never been free - we’ve all paid for it from our NI contributions - our wonderful Scottish Parliament has just budgeted the books better - and I don’t begrudge one penny. I wish you’d STOP trying to score political points during such a serious period in our lives.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Meg wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:50 pm
creamolafoam wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:06 pm Our NHS deserve every plaudits that come there way.
It’s never been free - we’ve all paid for it from our NI contributions - our wonderful Scottish Parliament has just budgeted the books better - and I don’t begrudge one penny. I wish you’d STOP trying to score political points during such a serious period in our lives.
Only one political point scoring here (and on a never ending basis), is your good self.
Regarding the coronavirus itself, my daughter & family are in self isolation as one of them is showing the symptoms & my daughter in law has been sent home to self isolate for a fortnight from the hospital she works at as one of her colleagues has shown symptoms, hence the need to get all nhs workers tested as soon as possible.
Praying for them all
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

All of us are in self isolation Cremolafoam - as directed. So glad those in need of antibiotics for the chest infections wont have to worry about charges for their prescriptions when they might have to wait 6 weeks till recompense for wages.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

We're all in the same boat, politically I side with Meg but we are all different. 10 years of free prescriptions never heard any complaints before. As someone who is still working I would happily pay for prescriptions would you creamolafoam? I hope yours and everyone else's families stay safe and come through this. All the best.
Those wimin were in the nip.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

We pensioners pay for our scripts here in Aus but at a greatly reduced cost. For which we are truly thankful.
Stay safe everyone. Just be thankful for all the medical staff on the frontline, including student nurses who are in hospitals and visiting patients at home as part of their studies for no money.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

I always felt that if you were ill and had to stay off your work (and not being paid) then medicines to get you well again and able to return to work should be free. I might be wrong but I think in the early days of the NHS prescriptions were free. I cant quite remember when we started being charged a nominal fee for a prescription, then later it became a charge per item.
I remember Dr Eric McDonald had various medicines in his drawer, which he would give you but if they weren't helping you you had to return them to him.
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Yes I remember Dr Mcdonald hobbled in there with a very painful back complaint, age 19 treatment was a envelope fun of aspirin.
actually had a slip disc..