Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:45 pm Looks like the pubs are going to shut down after next weekend.
Is that just in the 3ts area Bonzo or Scotland wide?
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Meg wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:49 am
bonzo wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:45 pm Looks like the pubs are going to shut down after next weekend.
Is that just in the 3ts area Bonzo or Scotland wide?
Meg, the article I read it was UK wide.
Those wimin were in the nip.
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Panic buying down here in Australia getting out of hand with fighting in the supermarkets over toilet rolls. Several people have been charged with assault on the elderly. The two largest supermarkets here have decided to open an hour early in the mornings, the only people to be admitted in the first hour will be pensioners (pension or seniors card to be shown) or those with a disability, that way they will be able to shop without being harassed. The supermarkets will also shut an hour early in the evenings so that the shelves can be stocked ready for the morning.
I think the panic buying is more for the reason that people want to have enough food to last for a few weeks so that they don't have to go out often and mingle with others and thus reduce the risk of catching the virus as it is extremely contagious. The majority of items being bought are canned items like baked beans, soups, rice, tinned tuna etc. anything that is non perishable and will last for a while. I think it will certainly go on for several months before there is any sign of normality occurring. By the look of thing it could end up being more disastrous than any world war with the worst still to come.
My sympathy goes out to Hughie and Betty having their cruise cut short. Though when you look at the ship that was quarantined in japan that turned into a disaster for those on board, I am sure the cruise company were taking the safety option first.

Never mind Hughie you can always come up here to the sunshine in the Winter.
Please everyone be careful at his trying time and most of all please be safe.

Wee Boney
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Every affected country in the world has closed their schools, only in GB are they still open. Thankfully just because the teachers at Glasgow Strathclyde University refused to enter the building and give lessons did the University have to close, making lessons on line for the students. My grandaughter was so relieved, she said everyone on the trains was coughing and sneezing without hankies or masks which are impossible to find. Perhaps the government is worried about the redundency levels in schools and try to put closure off as long as possible.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Measures ramping up now but do these clowns understand that not everyone works behind a desk therefore having the ability to work from home.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

glenshena wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:53 pm Every affected country in the world has closed their schools, only in GB are they still open. Thankfully just because the teachers at Glasgow Strathclyde University refused to enter the building and give lessons did the University have to close, making lessons on line for the students. My grandaughter was so relieved, she said everyone on the trains was coughing and sneezing without hankies or masks which are impossible to find. Perhaps the government is worried about the redundency levels in schools and try to put closure off as long as possible.
Yet again Jean, it’s the money that is paramount (remember it’s a Tory government). If they close schools, they have to close factories as people can’t get childcare - so profits plummet! George works at Strathclyde and they have cancelled lectures and face to face meetings. It’s like Armageddon :shock:

How are things around you?
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Meg wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:53 pm
glenshena wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:53 pm Every affected country in the world has closed their schools, only in GB are they still open. Thankfully just because the teachers at Glasgow Strathclyde University refused to enter the building and give lessons did the University have to close, making lessons on line for the students. My grandaughter was so relieved, she said everyone on the trains was coughing and sneezing without hankies or masks which are impossible to find. Perhaps the government is worried about the redundency levels in schools and try to put closure off as long as possible.
Yet again Jean, it’s the money that is paramount (remember it’s a Tory government). If they close schools, they have to close factories as people can’t get childcare - so profits plummet! George works at Strathclyde and they have cancelled lectures and face to face meetings. It’s like Armageddon :shock:

How are things around you?
So basically yourself & bonzo don’t believe a word coming from probably the best two experts in this field, in this country, are saying to you & I , & the government,about how this will affect us all here in the UK & that it’s the Tory government that’s at fault?
Listen to yourselves & get a grip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Lots of nice people in my area are posting on the media that they will help the elderly and infirm with the shopping, medication etc. That is the route we should take. Positive :)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

creamolafoam wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:08 pm

So basically yourself & bonzo don’t believe a word coming from probably the best two experts in this field, in this country, are saying to you & I , & the government,about how this will affect us all here in the UK & that it’s the Tory government that’s at fault?
//funny
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

on a lighter side I seen a cartoon today where a team of doctors/ nurses are looking at victims of the virus and saying "yes they are dead but look how clean their ar--s are" :oops:
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Most schools still open in Aus. A few private schools have closed and a Boys High school near where my son lives has closed because someone had a contact who was infected.
My daughter-in-law is a High school teacher and there is talk that schools may close earlier for school holidays
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

creamolafoam wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:08 pm
Two best experts - //funny //funny //funny