The metallic manufacturing co limited Family name

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The metallic manufacturing co limited Family name

Post by Penny Tray »

James Cameron Lee, 'Chardon', Ardrossan Road, Seamill, husband of Isabella; father of Aileen, Isobel, and Victor, died on the 5th of December 1965.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
bcgersfan

Post by bcgersfan »

I worked in the Metallic in 1959. The manager's name was McKinstry, don't know his first name, and the McKillop referred to would be Sandy McKillop. Don't remember what his position was, but he may have been an accountant

Post by Guest »

The mystery is solved
I receive the following email and have spoken to Gavin Morton.... had a great conversation it is indeed my car and I know that because of the rego as it appears on first owners certificate as well.

Thanks to all that contributed to solving the puzzle....power of the internet put to good use.

hi Danny
I am not registered on the three towners web site but do look at it from time to time.
I read about your E type Jaguar that was first registered to Metallic Manufacturing Company in 1964.
My father Charles McGrath worked for this company from about 1966 until it folded in 1986. He was Technical Manager in the latter years.
He is 87 now but speak on the phone every Sunday.
I asked him this evening if he knew who had the E type Jaguar and immediately said that it was Robert Morton the owner of the company.
It had registration number RAG1 on this car but also had registration number RAG2.
My dad believed that it was for Robert and Grace.
Mr Morton bought the company from Mr Shotbolt whom someone else has mentioned.
Mr Morton also owned BMK carpets Kilmarnock. BMK stands for Blackwood Morton Kilmarnock.
He also owned 2 farms in South Ayrshire.My father remembers one being called Drumshang.
Mr Robert Morton's son Gavin Morton took over from his father.
I looked up the phone directory and discovered that a G Morton is shown as living at Drumshang Cottages, Dunure, Ayrshire. KA7 4LY.
telephone number xxxxxxxx
I do not know if this is Mr Gavin Morton son of Robert Morton but may be related if it is not him.
Hope that this may be of some assistance to you.
Best wishes
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Think Mr. McGrath was our neighbour in Hawkhill pl, and glad to know he's still well, your reply would be from his son..our late Alan Davis worked there, always had nasty burns on his hands and arms
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Mags.b
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by Mags.b »

Hi did anyone work here in 1968-1970s I'm wondering if anyone would know a guy called John Haddow ?

Last bumped by Mags.b on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:26 pm.