Bobby Creed

For those researching family in the three towns area.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Bobby Creed

Post by sweet caroline »

On the 1901 census of Scotland, Hugh Joseph Clarke is given as aged 1 year and born at Ardrossan, his mother, grandmother and other occupants of the house are all given as born in Ireland, including Samuel A Clarke aged 3 years who we have no knowledge of at all, he is given as grandson of the head of the house [Anne McDowell] so must have been Hugh Joseph's elder brother,but we have never heard any mention of him in the family, perhaps another line to trace...... Regards Del.

What does Hugh Joseph Clarke born Ardrossan birth record says about Father ? Dies 1972 Saltcoats.Is that him Marrying Martha Calvert .I already have that marriage. Was wrong Calvert for me.
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

Yes, Hugh Joseph Clarke (1900-1972) married Martha Calvert.....they were my wife's grandparents......she died in 1931.....he re- married to Julia Monaghan....
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Findmypast may have his court record.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

I am not long by finding a 1839 death that I have looked for ,for a long time. It was in a paper in the county where he drowned .The death cert has no mention of where he stayed ,but the paper has. Find My Past also has papers, worth a look. It was found for me by someone in his hometown on facebook .So glad I mentioned him there.

SC
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Del 80 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:53 pm Samuel Clarke went to jail in about 1900, for a serious assault on her, and was never heard of again...….
Del,

It's not an every day occurrence but people, for different reasons, including natural causes, die in prison. Others, for personal reasons, relocate upon their release, to areas other than where they previously lived, and may or may not have had to intimate this in advance to the prison authorities.

The 'MY ANCESTOR WAS A PRISONER' in the following link is interesting.

http://www.scan.org.uk/familyhistory/
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

Thanks for that.....we have been looking for about ten years now, and will never give up.....maybe one day we will find him......
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

I was looking for 15 yrs.

SC
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Del, I found this on SP.
Samuel Allan Clarke died at Saltcoats in 1978, aged 80. Mother's name McDowell.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

Thank you, Yes, Samuel Allan Clarke was the son of Samuel Clarke and Susannah McDowell......he was born at Dundrum, Co Down, Ireland in 1897/98 before Susannah fled to Scotland.....he was Annie Smith Clarke's half brother.....
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Bernard
CLARK
Down
regd. Downpatrick; son of Bernard Clark ; married Margaret Savage 21 Sep 1855

Is that Samuels Parents.

SC
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

We believe that Samuel Clarke's parents were Bernard Clarke and Sarah Allan, hence the younger Samuel having the middle name Allan.....Samuel snr. was born in 1865.....
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Bernard
CLARKE
Down
regd. Downpatrick; husband of Sarah Allan; father of male child b. 22 Jun 1865

Sorry picked an earlier marriage,but must be related somewhere along the line.

SC