Kyleshill School 1927 - Class Photo

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Kyleshill School 1927 - Class Photo

Post by Hughie »

I was pleasantly surprised to receive this photo from Tom Brodrick. The McCallum top right is very likely to be my dad's brother, William, born 1915, who I recall living in what was my grandparents house in Esplanade Cottages. He worked for Duncan the coal merchant. Hope you find a parent or grandparent in this photo - let us know if you do. :)
BTW this same class from 1923 is also posted here.

Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Kyleshill School 1927 - Class Photo

Post by Hughie »

A call-out to Mary (Pllu) Hamilton in South Australia, I have an email to be forwarded to you but your email account must have changed - you have my email address, contact me.

Thanks, Contact made! :)
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

i would like to query something about this photo, there is a chap in it that I was sure stayed across the road from us when I was a boy, I showed it to one of his sons today and he confirmed it was his father, now his father he has told me was born in 1911 which would mean he was sixteen in 1927 he left school at fourteen so Hughie are you absolutely sure the date is correct.

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

brvhrtjimmy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:37 pm Hughie are you absolutely sure the date is correct.
No, Jim. That's the way I received both those photos 1923 and 1927 with no further details. :smt102
BTW that could be my uncle James (Daw) McCallum in the 1927 photo. It could even be my dad if the date is wrong as he was born in 1912.

ADDED: Hand written names for the same class said to be "about 1923" posted here today.