gunpowder

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

gunpowder

Post by 5siamese7 »

Well it was certainly different for terrestrial TV. Did we really have to see an elegant elderly lady who had undergone torture which would prove nothing stripped off and pressed to death ?
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: gunpowder

Post by bonzo »

Just watched the first episode looks interesting.
Those wimin were in the nip.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Watched the last 2 episodes tonight really enjoyed it very gorey at times though.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I have also watched 2 episodes , thought it was brilliant. 5siamese7- Life was cheap in them days and people would flock to see the torture and gore. Part of history...
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Yes Brian and it was interesting to watch. The old story of a ruling elite using religion to divide and keep the population under control. As we now know James the sixth of Scotland was obsessed with witchcraft and demonology and would watch old ladies being tortured with thumbscrews until they would admit that they were witches and then if they were lucky strangled before they were burnt. The same lunatic became James the first and in those days the Bible by many people was taken as gospel. The fact that this same lunatic was gay I suspect was kept hidden from his subjects. I wonder what the response would have been if this had been known? However we cannot go back to those times and its wonderful that in our country there is religious tolerance and that torture and capital punishment have been abolished.