The Scottish Premiership

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The Scottish Premiership

Post by bonzo »

What's the betting that Ian Cathro will be the first managerial casualty of the season.
Those wimin were in the nip.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Wonder what the betting is on who'll win the League this Season? And by how many points.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

You could be right bonzo- As the spl starts next Saturday and Hearts are away to Celtic he is under severe pressure. I dont think the Hearts fans have ever taken to him for what i have been reading.

So we are off and running- prediction time .. Rangers are a bit of an unknown lot though i hope they will give Celtic a good run for the money. Aberdeen have lost two good players Ross Jack to Rangers and the excellent Jonny Hayes to Celtic so i have doubts about them for that. Hibs i see as possibly a dark horse.

1 Celtic
2 Rangers
3 Hibs
4 Aberdeen
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Celtic
Aberdeen
Rangers
St Johnstone
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

bonzo wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:57 pm What's the betting that Ian Cathro will be the first managerial casualty of the season.
I see you weren't wrong and the first league game not even played!
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Penny Tray wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:54 pm
bonzo wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:57 pm What's the betting that Ian Cathro will be the first managerial casualty of the season.
I see you weren't wrong and the first league game not even played!
Mystic bonzo strikes again hahaha. Think he's got some great ideas he's just not a manager. Heard the other day wolves have already been in touch with him regarding a coaching roll.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Oops it's moved :puter
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Watched the Celtic game the night, If Kyle Walker the recent recruit Man City bought from Spurs recently for 50 million. How much is Celtic's Kieran Tierney worth.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

brian f wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:08 pm Watched the Celtic game the night, If Kyle Walker the recent recruit Man City bought from Spurs recently for 50 million. How much is Celtic's Kieran Tierney worth.
Tierney's qualities are there for all to see and is a fine young talent who will no doubt go onto bigger & better things. He will make celtic a healthy profit if he chooses to move on in the future, but he plays in the spfl, & his price will be based on that, probably £8-10 mill. You Inevitably become a high valued player playing in a top league against quality players wk in wk out. Most folk see the spfl a backwater in european football terms, with recent results backing that theory up.
Hopefully in the next few yrs this trend will change & we can bring back some of the glory days. Remember, it wasn't that long ago, the gers & celtic contested uefa cup finals.
As a side note, it's Benjamin Mendy of Man City that plays in Tierney's position, not Walker :wink:
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

A great result for Celtic and also Scottish football on Wed. night. About time they turned on the style away from home in the Champions League. :)
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

creamolafoam wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:47 am Most folk see the spfl a backwater in european football terms, with recent results backing that theory up.
Yip, the performances and results by Scottish club's in Europe recently have left a lot to be desired -
as it's only Celtic who've managed to punch above their weight and achieve some success at times.
creamolafoam wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:47 am Hopefully in the next few yrs this trend will change & we can bring back some of the glory days. Remember, it wasn't that long ago, the gers & celtic contested uefa cup finals.
Unfortunately creamolafoam, even the Europa League itself is considered by many to be a bit of a backwater competition these days.
Last edited by michaelm on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Steve Clarke the new killie boss, good appointment I think. Hope he turns their fortunes around.