Thanks to Hughie

For those researching family in the three towns area.
imajrk
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thanks to Hughie

Post by imajrk »

Just wanted to say thanks to Hughie for having the Ancestry.ca link on the site. Because of it, I have found my grandparents/great-grandparents' entry to Canada and the States in 1901, 02, and 03. Also the name of the ships they sailed in from Scotland. I had previously found my grandmother's entry into Canada but not my grandfather. I also found my grandfather crossing into the States from Canada twice. So I was excited to add all the information to my family tree. The records even had the address in Springfield, Illinois (their destination) and the amount of money they had. They finally returned to Scotland around 1905, but I have marvelled at a young woman of that time travelling alone on a sea journey with 2 children.

I wonder if there are any Scotts out there who could resolve a mystery for me. My great-grandfater, Robert Scott Park was born in 1842 to an Elizabeth Park. But the child was raised by the Scotts and his mum named as Mary Scott. He is listed as grandson in the 1851 census. She later became Mary Anderson and is listed on his marriage cert. as his mother. His father is not menitoned until Robert's death cert. as George Park. Hence the mystery. I would like to find this George so that I can go further back with my research. Thanks in advance for any information. (I think there is a family secret here that nobody would talk about way back then.)
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Jean,

Glad that was of help to you. Hope you've had a look in the "ASH" sticky topic at the top of this page for more recent family events - it's a gold mine. A few will find their own birth mentioned.