ardrossan harbour

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

ardrossan harbour

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

i was down at the harbour today gettin some foto's b4 all is gone ill post them next couple of days, i wonder if anyone else noticed this weeks hearald is dated weds an not friday as usual.
brvhrtjimmy
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: ardrossan harbour

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

hi all ive put the fotos from the harbour online links will b at bottom of this post,its really sad to see that theres going to be nothin there like it used to be,i worked in the shipyard for many years and have great memories of all that area some that can be posted an some that cant :lol: the only old buildings thats going to be left will be, the building that holds the consulate office and what was gracies ol shop,(tick fags for us shipyard workers),the old police station,and the police houses,as far as i know thats all thats going to be left.
jane
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jane »

just had a look at your photos.

Photo of the Harbour Inn is just opposite the police station which is all boarded up and behind the Harbour Inn was where the ACCS/Containerway yard was(where my father worked).

Research I have gave me the information that my grandfather and his brothers and sisters lived in a house somewhere around the Harbour Inn, long gone houses I suppose. His father ran a bakers shop in Princes Street and then he himself ran a bakers in Glasgow Street (William Conn and Thomas Conn) There must have been quite a few house down around the harbour area when the town was first built.
jane