Split From - Electical shop in the Bogelmart?

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
joeh
Settling In
Settling In

Split From - Electical shop in the Bogelmart?

Post by joeh »

stivis wrote:I thought it was his he had a shop in New Street as well,Where I bought "The Late Fantastically Great Elmore James" which introduced me to slide guitar
Slight detour. Hi Stivis, re Elmore James and the slide guitar. you are a man after my own heart.We will have to exchange notes someday. joeh
Last edited by Hughie on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split and moved from threetowners' Lounge ;-)
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Electical shop in the Bogelmart?

Post by stivis »

It was about 10 years before I knew what slide and bottleneck were and how they were used,and I wondered why I couldn't get the sound out of a nylon strung and a cut down Mateus Rose bottle
plus there was no information about it in the West Coast of scotland
The record drove mother up the wall
I still have the album

And it doesn't get any better than that

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aKo80b-QfK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Split From - Electical shop in the Bogelmart?

Post by Hughie »

At our musical night in the Grant Arms last July, when we had a get together for our fifteenth anniversary, Harvey brought along his slide guitar and was very impressive - I know you enjoyed it, Joe. :)
joeh
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Split From - Electical shop in the Bogelmart?

Post by joeh »

Aye Hughie I can hardly remember my address these days never mind one verse of a song. I used to spend every Saturday in the 23rd Precinct record shop in Bath Street Glasgow, they had the best collection of blues material in Scotland. Lost count of the albums I used to buy there.
A really electrifying sound Stivis,great stuff. Mateus Rose seemed to be a popular gauge (as well as a wine ) in those days. joeh.