Where exactly do you think this photo was taken?

Show the photographs you've taken in this album.
Forum rules
Here you can show the photographs you've taken. Use a storage agent such as https://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Where exactly do you think this photo was taken?

Post by michaelm »

stivis wrote:Why do I think it the Eglinton Arms?
Which E/Arms are you talking about stivis? as there's quite a few.

It's 'The Drawing Room' inside Brodick Castle as I've already previously stated. :wink:
Last edited by michaelm on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

the one in Ardrossan, obviously before it became a wreck and prior to the two or three fires
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Well that's interesting, but I don't see what it has to do with the Drawing room at Brodick Castle. If you could post a pic that has any sort of resemblance I'd appreciate it. :wink:
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

I never saw the bit where you said it was Brodick Castle, and later post suggested Culzean , years ago I spoke at length with the National Trust (?) architect at Culzean , and he said that designs of character were used throughout the area, Given that when I saw the room in the Eglinton shown by the then owner I was about 7 or 8 ,it was a reasonable guess.
I doubt at that age I had a camera?
Personally that kind of stuff does nothing for me,for various reasons
On the other hand is someone going to die , a building collapse, a tragedy happen. because i made a mistake ?
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Stivis, I do get the point you're trying to make.
However, I did previously explain - in detail - where I took the pic and also how it came about.

And after reading through your previous post, the suggestion made earlier by meekan that the photo may have been taken at Culzean Castle was before I revealed the answer. So I think you've got things the wrong way round there. :wink:

Mind you, none of us are perfect, least of all me. :)