Scots pie winner

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Scots pie winner

Post by morag »

Saltcoats baker wins World Scotch pie title
Stephen McAllister from The Kandy Bar Stephen McAllister from The Kandy Bar said he was looking forward to selling more of the bakery's winning pies

A North Ayrshire bakery has beaten off competition from 100 butchers and bakers to be crowned World Scotch Pie champion.

The Kandy Bar of Saltcoats also took a silver award for its large apple tart and three bronze awards.

The annual World Scotch Pie Championships aim to raise the bar in the industry by rewarding excellence.

Stephen McAllister from The Kandy Bar said he was looking forward to selling more winning pies in the year ahead.

He said: "To have been given the ultimate accolade and to be able to call our pie the world champion as judged by a panel of experts is just fantastic.

"This award is proof that The Kandy Bar team are the best in the land."

Judging for the competition, which is run by the Scotch Pie Club, was held in Dunfermline in November.

The competition, in its 15th year, is supported by Scottish Bakers and the Scottish Federation of Meat Traders.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
5eulbdog7
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Scots pie winner

Post by 5eulbdog7 »

Reminds me of an old poem. Could you go a pie?Says she aye, never thinking the pie was stinkin.(sic)
5eulbdog7
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by 5eulbdog7 »

Reminds me of an old poem. Could you go a pie?Says she aye, never thinking the pie was stinkin.(sic)
wellparkno9
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by wellparkno9 »

By the time you get served in the Candy Bar the pies would be blue moulded.I ve seen about ten or twelve counter assistants all milling about and no one getting served. Both shops are the same.
peterm1711
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by peterm1711 »

wellparkno9 wrote:By the time you get served in the Candy Bar the pies would be blue moulded.I ve seen about ten or twelve counter assistants all milling about and no one getting served. Both shops are the same.
Have you got a share in Gregg's Sam? :D
wellparkno9
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by wellparkno9 »

If I did I,d be in the dough
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

wellparkno9 wrote:By the time you get served in the Candy Bar the pies would be blue moulded.I ve seen about ten or twelve counter assistants all milling about and no one getting served. Both shops are the same.
I can't say I've had that problem, but I find the Hamilton Street branch to be the slowest
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Ever made a complaint to management?
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
wellparkno9
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by wellparkno9 »

No I have not.I have been in the shop when the boss has came in and he Did not seem to bother.the only place where service is as slow is across the road at Witherspoons.May be they were spying out the window.
aland
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by aland »

suppose i will have to sample a pie or 3 at winton park on saturday to ensure they are the best... still say the brownings steak killie pie is a s good
call me alan or al, labels are for tins of beans or soup not people. We are all Jock Tamson's bairns
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Bad customer service that Sam.

Maybe approach them and ask politely excuse me can i be served.
wellparkno9
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by wellparkno9 »

Tried that ,they look at you as if you,ve got horns