The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
5eulbdog7
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by 5eulbdog7 »

Hi Morag ,cheered me up no end. lol Bill.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Bill, one of my nephews was born just before midnight Dec 31st.. BIL was delighted, he'd have a whole years deductions tax wise! Lol! I'm sure that wasn't first thing on my sis's mind! A good year to you and yours, and to all our 3 toon freens!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Wish there was a way not to go back to work on Monday after ma three week holiday, and i nee to get more posting done on this site again, and pray when my lad goes back to Afghan he comes home safe,And a wish wee all have if i could only go back for one day and see how Saltcoats was when it was a toon to be prod of.
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

Jimmym, Holidays never seem long enough when we have to go back to work. If like me you dont work one wants to have some work to do. I think your sentiments about Saltcoats are shared by many of us. As for the troops - no matter where they are stationed in this world of ours we pray for their safe return.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

We're said to be heading for 43 degrees Celsius today in Melbourne. Here in greater Geelong we'll probably be 2 degrees less. :roll: Staying indoors! Got woken up this morning around 6am by squawking flocks of Sulpher Crested Cockatoos - they roost in the tall gum trees nearby during our warm months, then head North when it's cool here.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

The tennis players will sure earn the money in that heat, Mr Hughie :smt100
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

here in Adelaide 42 yesterday, probably 43 today, 43 tomorrow and Thursday, 40 on Friday. Trains are running on a slower timetable, with less trains to give them time to cover heat related breakdowns. Know any heavily sun-tanned people that want a country back? :roll: Wee Ali
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

Hughie, Calleytwo and anyone else living in Victoria, south Australia and Tasmania,
Keep cool, hydrated and enjoy the tennis today. Players will probably feel the heat. Let's hope it works in Australian's favour. Other than Andy Murray, of course. Glad its cooler in Queensland today.
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Thank God for aircons. and the tennis, opening the door is like opening the oven, and thanks for the 3ts, helps to pass the time and gives me a laugh.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

We normally get a wee evening breeze here this side of the bay, Sarah. Had the A/C on for a wee while, but the boss prefers the ceiling fan. Changed the water in the bird bath on the front lawn three times today - the birds appreciate it. Love watching there antics frolicking in the water - might put some ice cubes in it tomorrow for them.

At the suggestion of oor Betty, daughter adds some dry dog food and water to a plastic bowl and freezes it - their two Labradors love licking the ice away to get to the food on such hot days. :lol:
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Nice cool breeze in Clifton Springs, all doors and windows wide open. That will give us a good start tomorrow if it is as hot as they forecast. Better than minus 4 that my brother-in-law says Ardrossan has.
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

45 yesterday here in Adelaide and oor third hottest day on record. Cool change today - was only 43.1! Tomorrow tipped to be a new record at over 46. No reference to our means of keeping cool because it would be like driving an old car in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Somebody would say "the car's running well" and within the hour there would be a breakdown or at the very least a puncture. Dug not impressed but Harry the old Basset, who turned 11 three days ago, is at least inside in the relative cool. Have to go and sit in the heat at the station to pick up Zue, who left her mobile at work just when the trains are not running to time! OH well - its an auld horse fur the hard road! Wee Ali
Postscript fortunately her train was only 15 minutes late. Meant to say air conditioner on the car doesn't work. Car park had no shade but I snuggled the wee Mazda alongside a Jeep on its shady side so it wasn't too bad. Drank a 600 ml bottle of water on the short journey and wait. Wee ali
Last edited by calleytwo on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.