Meet Ups?

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Pedantic
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Meet Ups?

Post by Pedantic »

Hello,

I was recently on Meetup.com because I'm pretty socially stunted. As in, I have almost no social life or social skills at all.

It seems pretty decent. The nearest group seems to be in Kilmarnock called "Ayrshire Meetup Group" Some basic stuff that would seem good. From walking, to bowling and pub nights....but a lot of their meet-ups seem to be round about Prestwick to Glasgow area.

Do people from here ever meet up for something?

Thanks.
Enjoy Depression: It's all you've got to look forward to-Eeyore
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Meet Ups?

Post by John Donnelly »

Hi Pedantic,

I'm a member of a meetup group here in Amsterdam, (writing group).

I tried two before this one, which were hopeless. The one in Amsterdam seems to be a success. It depends on the organiser.

My experience is that they do tend to be city orientated. I need to travel for an hour to get to mine.

JD.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Pedantic wrote:Do people from here ever meet up for something? Thanks.
Welcome back, Pendantic. You last posted in early 2009. Since then, locally in the three towns we've had our tenth birthday reunion which was in July that year. There were various meet-ups, including a dinner dance, a quiz night, a golf day, a trip to Arran and a demo was put on for us at Stevenston Fire Station. it ended with a farewell lunch in Saltcoats.

More recently, there has been quiz nights at the Grants Pub in Stevenston - the last was just a few months ago. At present there is a proposal that local members interested in photography should have a day out together - I'd be in that if I lived there. Here's the topic.

Again, Welcome back. :)

P.S. Your last post topic is still active here. :lol:
BobP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by BobP »

Feckinell

Anyone who can make a post on the basis of what you have said,has the insight,tools and skills, maybe you are talking to the wrong people.

I am a former threetowner, now living in Canterbury,forget the perceived "lack of skills", if you fancy a chat, email me.

I am a Saltcoats person who always hated Stevenston, so might have sympathy for where you are coming from :-(

Bob
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Pedantic, you may find something here, http://www.s1stevenston.com/
Bobp..how is it possible to hate a town?
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
peterm1711
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by peterm1711 »

BobP wrote:Feckinell

I am a Saltcoats person who always hated Stevenston,

Bob

Oooft! I'm guessing some Stevenston lassie booted you into touch in the past. :mrgreen:

I take it you don't fancy Saltcoats much either, seeing as you've moved 500 miles away from it? :wink: