R.B.S.Refund Scheme

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

R.B.S.Refund Scheme

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

I received a letter from the Royal Bank Of Scotland,stating they owed me money for charges they should not have charged on an account that i once held with them, as the account was now closed they needed other bank details so they could pay me,i was very wary and even more so when it said they had written to me before and i hadn’t replied, they hadn’t written to me before,there was a phone number so i phoned them and person on the the other end assured me it wasn’t a hoax and if i wanted to give them my bank details they would log them on the system,i said i still wasn’t to sure and i would take the letter into the local branch,this i did and was assured it was genuine and that they were paying out a lot of money to a lot of people,so i have given my details and they have told me that it can take up to 28 days as there are so many to process and indeed for people that havnt given bank details they are writing in excess of 3000 cheques per week,i wonder has any one had same letter and if so have they got to the stage where they have had the refund
James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
Dunaskinblue
Settling In
Settling In

Re: R.B.S.Refund Scheme

Post by Dunaskinblue »

I am suspicious to say the least. However, please don't be overly concerned on account of my feeling of apprehension. Deal only with your local branch and please do not give any more personal details away by telephone or online to anyone. After you pop in to RBS and hopefully get things sorted out, I would be delighted to hear how you got on.

Dunaskinblue.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: R.B.S.Refund Scheme

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

hi Dunaskinblue as i said in the original post i did go to the local branch,and they assured me the letter was genuine,all the details of the outcome are in my original post.

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)