Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Morning !!

Can anyone tell me why I log into this Site via my moby phone. Click on the remember me / log me in automatically button, yet every time I go to reply to something, the Site never does remember me, and I keep having to re-login?? Bit odd??
Last edited by Meg on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from iTunes post - was off topic
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
georgersweir
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: log in problem

Post by georgersweir »

VivAyrshire wrote:Morning !!

Can anyone tell me why I log into this Site via my moby phone. Click on the remember me / log me in automatically button, yet every time I go to reply to something, the Site never does remember me, and I keep having to re-login?? Bit odd??
I believe there have been reported issues with logins, see this topic for previous discussion. Another possible factor is that the remember me feature may depend upon cookies being enabled on your browser (perhaps Hughie could confirm this). Maybe cookies are not enabled by default on the phone-based browser that you are using?
I'm still saving up for a signature.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Log in problem

Post by Hughie »

George's suggestion about your mobile phone's browser not being set to remember cookies might be the problem.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Having problems again... :(
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

morag wrote:Having problems again... :(
Sorry, Morag. No one else has reported a problem, so I'm thinking the problem might be at your end. Does it occur on other computers you have access to - have you tried another browser?

If that doessn't help, post exactly what the problem / error message is. Perhaps someone can suggest a solution.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

just having to log in..I mean it's minor ...jusr annoying it happens on both my laptop and kindle though I have the keeep me logged in clicked.
C.S.Lewis
Retsum
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Retsum »

Morag

As others have said, a website remembers you by storing your information in a cache asociated with your browser in the form of a cookie. The cache also contains lits of other information such as your browsing history, your searches and it also temporarily stores e-mail attachments. From time to time it needs to be flushed out (see internet options on your browser). If you have a list of favourites, you should be given the option to preserve these cookies during flushing. Since you don't usually have this problem, I assume cookies are enabled in your browser - something may have changed that setting (in internet options). After flushing it should restart storing cookies. I hope that helps and is meaningful.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Most of the time it's fine Retsum...just now and then acts up..random... If this is the least I've got to bother me I should be a happy camper!
C.S.Lewis