timed out

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

timed out

Post by morag »

The last few days I've been getting the connection has timed out messages, only on 3T's. :? Refreshing, hitting the try again button or hitting he back button, sometimes takes a few times, gets me going again. Any ideas? Could this be connected to updating?
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: timed out

Post by Hughie »

Hi Morag,

All has been well from my end over the last few days from what I've seen - I've been in and out regularly over that period. Updating could be a problem, but I'm only guessing there. :roll:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Once again having probs. :(
C.S.Lewis
Retsum
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Retsum »

I have never had a time out problem, Morag but maybe I'm not on for long enough. Typically how long would you be connected for?
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Sometimes it's immediate, waiting for threetowners even when I've just logged on. I leave my pc on but in sleep or hibenate usually or just let it be as I go about my day. This problem just pops up every now and then, no seeming rhyme or reason. Mostly works fine.
C.S.Lewis
Richard

Post by Richard »

Morag.
I've been getting problems for 3 days.
I noticed on Wed (4th) that everything was taking forever to load but it did not bother me too much as I
was pre-occupied, most of the day, with 2 of my grandsons who were over here on holiday, for a few days.
Ditto, Thu (5th).
Today, Fri (6th), and with the wean's away back home, I got back on line.
Things still VERY slow but just manageable. I turned the computer off at approximately 12.45, to go and
make some lunch.
Tried to turn it back on again after lunch but every time I tried to put in various site addresses, it was
"cutting out" immediately. I couldn't even get on to google search page. This was approximately 2pm.
I eventually had to turn everything off, wait 10 seconds, turn everything back on and then press the
"Reset" button on my Home Hub. I don't know what I did or what was wrong but I just followed one of the
problem solving guides, in the user manual.
Everything was up and running again, better than previously, at approximately 5.30pm and still going
great guns, as I write this. So far, so good.
:?