Dalry bypass

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Dalry bypass

Post by John Donnelly »

The NAC cabinet !??!. Now they really are getting delusions of grandeur.
On a serious note. I hope somebody has the wit to realign the last couple of miles of the upgraded Saltcoats-Dalry road to align it with the beginning of the bypass. This will save motorists from having to drive back along the Kilwinning road to get onto it. This would also avoid that terrible steep hill and nasty little bridge at the end of it.
It surprises me that the planners did not make the bypass dual carriageway along the whole length. They'll be sorry that didn't do that within ten years. They don't even seem to have made allowances for this to be achieved in the future. What a short sighted bunch they are, saving a few pounds today for future generations to have to suffer and cough up later when they're gone.
A never satisfied, JD.
Last edited by John Donnelly on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Don’t hold your breath for that John the cheaper version will prevail as it did with the Pennyburn roundabout which in my opinion should have been a flyover.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

New bypass opened today, from Wilson’s Auctions (about a mile from Dalry on the Kilwinning road) through to Highfield (midway between Dalry and Beith.

It’s a “3 lane” road - two northbound and one south for half of the route, switching over half way.

The section between Highfield to the Den and to Beith is also being re-aligned, opening in about a year.