gypsies

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: gypsies

Post by John Donnelly »

All Travelers/Gypsies/Pikies are feckless criminals. This is a racist statement.
Travellers/Gypsies/Pikies are responsible for 25% of all offences committed in the Three Towns (a totally fictitious figure for the sake of making the point) is a statistic.
I think we need to look at this objectively. I've had quite a few conversations with Meg about her experiences with the Traveller community. There are some asocial elements and there are some very social elements. Let's not tar everybody with the same brush. Meg's experiences are very, very positive.
Personally, I've never had a problem with the Travelling community. Remember; dog bites man is no news. Man bites dog makes headlines. Most often, you only hear the bad news.

JD.
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

There was a scam here which the polis called the distraction burglary where one would nock the front door and tell you he was from the water department and wanted you to put this powder down your toilet to see if the sewage drains were OK and while you were doing this his mate was in through the back door and on the rob,
I nearly fell for it but said I,lol just put in the kitchen sink and suprise there was his mate coming in the back door and of like the hammers they went,polis told me later a gang had been at this and were picked up after getting of a plane in London
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

michaelm wrote: A lot of people use the car park next to the Sandy Hills as it allows them easier access to the shore/beach. The gypsies who had set up camp there often attempted to intimidate local people who'd just parked their cars by using one of the oldest tricks in the book - a protection racket.
"Give us a couple of quid and we'll make sure your car isn't damaged while you're away on your wee walk with the dug" etc.
Michael, this is definitely not just a Gypsy thing used to happen frequently at a certain east end of Glasgow football ground when wee boys would "look after your motor" :lol:

Yes I totally agree with you, in the past we've had threats of violence in our works carpark. Our manager came up with a rather ingenious idea and rigged up a secondary alarm system which was on a timer and was set to go off several times during the night.
Those wimin were in the nip.
aland
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by aland »

look folks, you get good and bad people in every demographic of society. a lot of gypsies are honest, hard working people, aye okay not everyone is 100% within the law but can anyone on here say that they are?? some might say that they dont pay their taxes, neither do Boots, amazon etc.

it doesnt matter where you go in life, you find good people and you also find bad people
call me alan or al, labels are for tins of beans or soup not people. We are all Jock Tamson's bairns
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

aland wrote:look folks, you get good and bad people in every demographic of society. a lot of gypsies are honest, hard working people, aye okay not everyone is 100% within the law but can anyone on here say that they are?? some might say that they dont pay their taxes, neither do Boots, amazon etc.

it doesnt matter where you go in life, you find good people and you also find bad people
exactly.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

bonzo wrote:
michaelm wrote: "Give us a couple of quid and we'll make sure your car isn't damaged while you're away on your wee walk with the dug" etc.
Michael, this is definitely not just a Gypsy thing used to happen frequently at a certain east end of Glasgow football ground when wee boys would "look after your motor" :lol:
I'd never have guessed you were a closet Hoops fan Ian.
:santa01:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Hahaha not at all but I know some people who are.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

morag wrote:
aland wrote:look folks, you get good and bad people in every demographic of society. a lot of gypsies are honest, hard working people, aye okay not everyone is 100% within the law but can anyone on here say that they are?? some might say that they dont pay their taxes, neither do Boots, amazon etc.

exactly.
Morag, You have been away so long. :think:

I loved hobos. Did you. :lol:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

brian f wrote:
morag wrote:

exactly.
Morag, You have been away so long. :think:

I loved hobos. Did you. :lol:
Never met one, lots of street people as they say, I don't label people. There are folk in need financially, physically etc. you do what you can...there but for the grace of God, go I.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
aland
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by aland »

labels are for tins of beans and soup, not people :puter
call me alan or al, labels are for tins of beans or soup not people. We are all Jock Tamson's bairns
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Todays news: A young girl on a train had her handbag stolen by three.......Travellers who jumped off at the first station, fleeing away across the rails. She ran after them but didn't see an oncoming train and was killed instantly.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

aland wrote:labels are for tins of beans and soup, not people :puter
You talk a lot of ----
So your not Scottish.