gypsies

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: gypsies

Post by morag »

Nationality, religion and such are personal IDs, being called something like tramp, hobo or whatever, by folk who don't know your story is a different thing altogether...ah'm no' dancin' wi you next time 8)
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
aland
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by aland »

brian f wrote:
aland wrote:labels are for tins of beans and soup, not people :puter
You talk a lot of ----
So your not Scottish.
is that the best insult you can come up with //funny
call me alan or al, labels are for tins of beans or soup not people. We are all Jock Tamson's bairns
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

aland wrote:
brian f wrote:
aland wrote:labels are for tins of beans and soup, not people :puter
You talk a lot of ----
So your not Scottish.
is that the best insult you can come up with //funny
Well- aland it's good to see your LAUGHING.

No worries pal. :smt039
aland
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by aland »

we can all have differences of opinion, mind years ago me and a mate were taking a trailer full of rubbish to the cowp, before we had barely stopped a load of kids were climbing on the trailer to salvage the scrap metal. they did ask if they could take it, to what i replied "well you are going to take it out the skips anyway, so fire in and save me unloading". The kids unloaded the trailer sorting the crap from the scrap before getting a broom and sweeping out the trailer. I offered a quid as a thankyou to the gangly leader, he refused saying that they got their booty and a wee sweepie up was the least they could do

Plus being a caravanner myself I do come across travellers on sites, they have massive rigs, most are alright, did laugh once as I was putting my wheel clamp and hitchlock on a big irish bloke who made me look anorexic said "dont worry with that, your van is only worth a couple of grand, we wont steal it" aye cheers bigyin
call me alan or al, labels are for tins of beans or soup not people. We are all Jock Tamson's bairns
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Topic Closed - Nothing to do with previous posts. Recent moderated posts meant for this topic were disallowed by me - so to save receiving more and disallowing them and thus causing more agro I've chose to close the topic. :(