Sickening Graffiti Around The 3 Towns

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Sickening Graffiti Around The 3 Towns

Post by GEODGC »

I came across the graffiti below this morning in Stevenston. Words can't describe how sickened I am with this. Apparently there is similar graffiti in Saltcoats and Ardrossan. Seriously, what makes people think this sort of stuff is acceptable? For those not aware, it's a reference to the 66 fans that died in the Ibrox Disaster.

Imageimage hosting site no sign up
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Sickening Graffiti Around The 3 Towns

Post by Vivc113 »

Yep. Saw it yesterday near the cross and other numbers.

My local friend was painting his neighbour's house on Saturday. The numbers had been painted on there. Would not like to repeat what he said.

Mindlessness. They have also ripped out the doorbell at my dad's house. Shameful with him being ill and folk will now have to bang the letterbox.

There's a doorbell situation in the toons too. Lady up the road also had her doorbell ripped out.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Sick in the head so they are and they love to kick people when they are down. My neighbour and I had our doorbells ripped off. I never replaced mine and that was the right decision. However if i'm in the kitchen I won't hear anyone at the door and that isn't entirely a bad thing. Sorry about your dad, he has enough on his plate without that hassle.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

In the national Dutch paper AD here on Monday, I was pleased to see there was a report on the first old-firm game since Rangers returned to the premier league.
Then I saw there was a photo with it of a Celtic fan holding up an official Celtic scarf with the words 'F**k the Rangers' written on it. I can understand the sheer stupidity of the idiot holding it, but I can't get my head round the company which manufactured it and the shop which sold it. I sincerely hope it wasn't an official Celtic club outlet.

When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn? (Bob Dylan)

In total disgust, JD.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote:Sick in the head so they are and they love to kick people when they are down. My neighbour and I had our doorbells ripped off. I never replaced mine and that was the right decision. However if i'm in the kitchen I won't hear anyone at the door and that isn't entirely a bad thing. Sorry about your dad, he has enough on his plate without that hassle.
Ah. You've had the doorbell situation too !! It's certainly doing the rounds. They take them right out by the roots as well, so the correct decision is probably not to replace it !!!

Grr. Guess you really need the CCTV on your house these days.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I think I was wrong I should have made a film and given it to the police for some reason I thought they wouldn't be interested because of the cost of the bell. A bad move.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

That's why I didn't report it either....because it was 'just' a doorbell.

Like you I wish I had made a film of the mess left behind.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I hate that we've had to, in some areas, become big brother is watching you. What happened to the annoying but silly ding dong ditch, chap, chap, run away? More people driving, less people noticing. I've been, not lately mind, but when my husband was alive, away and about L.A. late night ..early morning, throughout the day..nuthin', biggest problem? Traffic. Here, you have to be, I'm sad to say, in certain neighbourhoods for trouble and it's usually gang / racially motivated. Much as I love Glasgow I don't think the 'overspill' helped the 3 towns. Wonder who gained by that?
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by GEODGC »

Fair play to the council, I reported this on Monday and it was cleaned off on Tuesday. :hi:
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

morag wrote:I hate that we've had to, in some areas, become big brother is watching you. What happened to the annoying but silly ding dong ditch, chap, chap, run away? More people driving, less people noticing. I've been, not lately mind, but when my husband was alive, away and about L.A. late night ..early morning, throughout the day..nuthin', biggest problem? Traffic. Here, you have to be, I'm sad to say, in certain neighbourhoods for trouble and it's usually gang / racially motivated. Much as I love Glasgow I don't think the 'overspill' helped the 3 towns. Wonder who gained by that?
I would agree. Sad the need for CCTV in SO many places, even churches. How far we've fallen when a church needs CCTV.

I noticed all the stuff had been removed as well, Geodgc. There was more of it further up Glebe Street, near where Kwiksave had one of their entrances.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

To-day I walked to Montfode castle which was hard going considering the wind. My return journey took me past the old Shell Mex where a lot of work is taking place. Sewers are being laid and boulders are being crushed for bottoming. You can imagine my disgust at what was sprayed in yellow paint on the pavement next to the development I.R.A. R.F.C. R.I.P. AND 66 HA HA HA HA. Is there still bigotry in the three towns well I guess the nutters will always be with us.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

I don't think the Flute Band marches help.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller