Sickening Graffiti Around The 3 Towns

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Sickening Graffiti Around The 3 Towns

Post by bonzo »

Don't think we'll ever be rid of this guff (on both sides) it seems to be inbuilt probably handed down from generation to generation.

It's always the case of they did this so we did that. Their fake political and religious beliefs whether protestant or Catholic (I'll wager 99% of them have never set foot in a church /chapel) it's all nonsense.

It's a game of football why can't it be left at that. All the nuggets on both sides, Scotlands shame right enough. Rant over.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote:Don't think we'll ever be rid of this guff (on both sides) it seems to be inbuilt probably handed down from generation to generation.

It's always the case of they did this so we did that. Their fake political and religious beliefs whether protestant or Catholic (I'll wager 99% of them have never set foot in a church /chapel) it's all nonsense.

It's a game of football why can't it be left at that. All the nuggets on both sides, Scotlands shame right enough. Rant over.
Good piece bonzo - i have been away nearly 40 years so cant add much, but i will say this penny tray posted on a similar topic a few years back about a "30 minute syndrome" i think he meant a dislike about your friend if he supported the the other half then back to normality. On the evidence this new thread reveals sadly this is not the case.
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

Used to go to the old firm matches when I was young with mates from both sides,we would get the train in Saltcoats get of got to the match Rangers supporters to there side of ground and Celtic supporters to there side no shouting or singing on way scarfs were always covered up and after the match out of match and home having a bit of banter on train about the game no trouble these were mates.
Respect for each other's choise and religious beliefs.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I think, sadly, there will always be an 'us and them' thing, be it Celtic / Rangers, Scotland / England etc., seems we can't just get on with making the world a better place, still tribal at heart.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

sweet caroline wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:04 pm I don't think the Flute Band marches help.

SC
right on, we always had sides, but rarely violence, it was mainly name calling, pretty mild stuff. 'Ah'm no' a Billy ah'm a Tim..lol
C.S.Lewis
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

sweet caroline wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:04 pm I don't think the Flute Band marches help.

SC
Agree.
C.S.Lewis