Ardrossan Quayside Buiding

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Super Mario
Settling In
Settling In

Ardrossan Quayside Buiding

Post by Super Mario »

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anybody knew what was happening to the newish Ardrossan Quayside building. The only company that has shown any interest is Cunnighame Housing Association. It's been over a year since completion and nothing really has been said or interest shown in it. From what I can see anyway.
George Ardrossan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Ardrossan Quayside Buiding

Post by George Ardrossan »

Here's a photo of the building, Super Mario. It was taken on 12 July 2015. I'm not sure if it is being used.

George
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

A beautiful designed building. Hope someone is occupying it. Could make a lovely shopping center ,with café up stairs .

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
aland
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by aland »

it is a white elephant, irvine bay built it with no tenants signed up, it is lying empty and will cost money to maintain, there is other empty office spaces in the 3 towns. a big glamour job for irvine bay
call me alan or al, labels are for tins of beans or soup not people. We are all Jock Tamson's bairns
Super Mario
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Super Mario »

My mum used that phrase white elephant. It's like the Big Idea that was a white elephant as well. TBH they are advertising it for restaurant use. Now what is the point of that when there is Cecchinis next door?
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Walked past that building many a time when going to or from Ardrossan harbour.

Astonished that it has lain empty for so long and that it seems to have been built without any previous consultation or commitment from anyone as to occupying it.

The mind boggles.
Last edited by michaelm on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Mario
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Super Mario »

It's a shame because it is a lovely building.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I'm not keen on modern architecture but this looks like it would be ideal for many things and with the view and what looks like lots of parking. Must agree with why spend the money on it though without a plan for use?
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

Cunninghame Housing Association?..........Do you know you can't get a set of accounts for them, certainly not from Companies House, and the building is most certainly not residential more of a QUANGO

( Quasi-Autonomous Non-Governmental Organisation,,,,,in Jim Hacker speak)

Of which Irvine Bay Redevelopment is one also, Funded by the European Union, several of the development are attached to bonuses on completion or occupancy ,
I suppose that would be a reason to want to change locations
The building is attractive enough,but ground lineage detracts, and the roof pitch seems less than suited for the west coast of Scotland
it is lying empty and will cost money to maintain,
You're bang on,if buildings are unused they in fact "die"
Financially the Irvine Bay Redevelopment Company got a load of money to spend and did so as fast as they could for what is now described as vanity projects ( £3 million the building cost, which to me seems seriously expensive for the construction method )
And still the 3 towns are a dump!!!
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Back in the 60's (again) it was Irvine Developement co...they didn't really accomplish anything either, maybe better than this lot though?
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Super Mario wrote: TBH they are advertising it for restaurant use. Now what is the point of that when there is Cecchinis next door?
Another restaurant would provide more "choice" this would increase more footfall and jobs !
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

to Geeorge- Ardrossan. Hello, can I ask you how you managed to post such a good photo? I am finding it all so complicated! Thanks, Glenshena.