Ardrossan Quayside Buiding

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Ardrossan Quayside Buiding

Post by bonzo »

glenshena wrote:to Geeorge- Ardrossan. Hello, can I ask you how you managed to post such a good photo? I am finding it all so complicated! Thanks, Glenshena.
There are tips on posting photos in the computing forum :good:
Those wimin were in the nip.
George Ardrossan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by George Ardrossan »

glenshena wrote:to George- Ardrossan. Hello, can I ask you how you managed to post such a good photo? I am finding it all so complicated! Thanks, Glenshena.
Glenshena
I see you have managed to post a photo in the Boating Pond 1958 thread with the help of Hughie and Michaelm.

Best wishes.

George
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

I click on post reply
next to the Options you'll see a tab marked Attachments
Click on that then Add Files
find the picture you want to upload then place inline

coke-bottle-3d-sidewalk.jpg
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Aye, that's the 'Internal' method of posting photo's stivis.
I think the 'External' imgur method is encouraged a bit more though because it doesn't use up any of Threetowners own 'Storage Space'
Both methods are quite straightforward though and require only a small amount of practise to get the hang of.
Mind you I'm using a laptop with a full keyboard so I'm not exactly sure what the procedure would be from a mobile device or the like.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Thanks George- it was really Hughie who posted it for me. I don't know if I'll manage but I'll keep trying.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

There are a lot of folk who use TapaTalk to paste pictures onto forums,
There is of course free online storage for pictures as well, if the Pantry was overflowing
George Ardrossan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by George Ardrossan »

glenshena wrote:Thanks George- it was really Hughie who posted it for me. I don't know if I'll manage but I'll keep trying.
Glenshena

PhotoBucket.com is a photo hosting website that allows sharing.

To show a photo on the ThreeTowners website, upoad it to PhotoBucket and view it. Under Share This Photo, click on IMG to copy the code that identifies the photo. It looks something like [url=http:\\s392.photobucket.com/user/GeorgeAccount/media/QuaysideDevelopmentPhoto_zpsdsv6litu.jpg.html][img]http:\\i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp156/GeorgeAccount/QuaysideBuilding_zpsdsv6litu.jpg[/img][/url].

Remove everything before [img and after img] to leave [img]http:\\i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp156/GeorgeAccount/QuaysideBuilding_zpsdsv6litu.jpg[/img].

Copy this line and paste it into a ThreeTowners post with the text you want to send. Clicking on Preview shows the text and photo.

It might appear complicated but it becomes straightforward after a few times. There would be no harm in setting up a PhotoBucket account and trying it.

George
Super Mario
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Super Mario »

Thought I would update this. I was reading the Ardrossan & Saltcoats Herald. It seems Irvine Bay have one live party interested in the top floor.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

It's the ASH I doubt the truth, Don't forget that estate agent are less than accurate in their statements , It doesn't change moving private sector into the commercial one, strangely I had a look at it on Tuesday
Mostly to assess the amount it cost and It's a good job it's got big windows as they saw the financiers coming (£600k tops)
To be reasonably fair it's alright design wise and it fits in reasonably well with the marina, but it's out of place with the surrounding 100 mtrs away,
To me it looks a design from elsewhere and stuck in where it would fit
johndo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by johndo »

Had a walk down harbour last week, I see its still lying empty, must be a lot somebodies money outstanding!
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

But who's money ?
There is the question,Generally it was the EU's thrown at it overpriced at that , a bit of thought could have seen it better used,
Looking at it again, I believe that Cunninghame Housing Association has had their eyes on it from the outset, but would they pay the market price for rental ?
And I would like to think that they wouldn't be gifted it as the money would in the end up going puff out the chests of Councillors or the overpaid of CHA
The EU money was to benefit the community.
It was not to massage the egos of those who desperately need that kind of thing.
Before someone jumps in the rental would be passed back into the public coffers, and not for various junkets

Given the state of the Ardrossan/Troon situation, it would be regrettable in the extreme if CHA get the place FOC, especially if the cost of the building WAS £3m

I do hope that the grammar and spelling are in accordance with the Grammar/Spelling Fascist rules
EagleRockBoy
New Poster
New Poster

Post by EagleRockBoy »

Installing a carpark barrier this week. A lot of people were using the empty carpark, to leave their cars when going to Arran, avoiding paying parking. Carpark is now needed for users of the building now that its in use. It also restricts access for anyone who wants to have a look at the harbour and who would drive through the carpark to see tugs/fishing boats(at former No.6 berth).
BrianM.