n a c costing taxpayer £11 mill in absences

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

n a c costing taxpayer £11 mill in absences

Post by creamolafoam »

On front page of the local rag this wk. Absenteeism within north ayrshire council now costing us the taxpayers over £5 mill per yr. They are not reaching their targets of 8.0 Av, currently 8.98.
I take it they get full pay ( something I haven't had for over thirty yrs) when on the pat and mick? Surprised that so many can have sick days considering the amount of holidays they amass within n a c.
There is a certain irony within the herald as they are covering fundraising events(counted seven), anything from children getting their haircut to fun runs etc, and monies collected are from a few pounds to several thousand (well done to all concerned), yet our council are costing us this eyewatering amount.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: n a c costing taxpayer £11 mill in absences

Post by sweet caroline »

Yes, and there not paying their Council Tax either.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Shocking.

Have to say though...I attended an interview some time back with the Council nr Irvine. Lady that interviewed me told me the pressures on staff and management are so bad within the Council, because they won't employ extra staff even when needed so badly. She told me about a Manager who actually wound up in hospital.

That said....they have heaven knows how many people unemployed that they use for Streetscene, their cleaning section. Dunno what the savings are for that?! I heard Streetscene saved the Council a fortune anyway?

Sure the Council will cope...by charging us more in rent and council tax. I note they have also reduced the hours for staff in public libraries. A neat little saving of electricity, staff wages, etc.

Just as an example...Stevenston library will now close at 1230 hours on Saturday. Shame for people who wish to use the facilities in the afternoon.

Sad times. Combo of online retailers selling books cheaply..laptops..smart phones...who needs libraries. Welcome to 2016 when the World lost the plot.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Viv council tax has been frozen for years. Personally I have little regard for these people though I do not wish anyone ill health.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

The productivity expected in the workforce now is much more than before. That would explain why sick absence is more abundant.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

It is indeed. And Companies won't get the extra help in. So..pressure all round.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".