Showing your images using Imgur

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Showing your images using Imgur

Post by michaelm »

Edited on 21 July 2016.

Just noticed Imgur have recently updated their site yet again, so I've deleted much of what was posted previously here as it's now out of date.
You can still post pics onto Threetowners from imgur though - it's just a slightly different procedure from before - and you don't have to register or sign up to anything.

Go to https://imgur.com/ and click on 'New Post'
In the box that appears there's a line which reads .. 'Browse or drag images here' .. Clicking on Browse allows you to locate and choose the pic you want to upload from your PC simply by double clicking on its thumbnail. (I'd imagine the Drag and Drop function is fairly straightforward as well, but as I'm using a laptop without a mouse it can be a bit fiddly so I don't bother with that)
Your chosen photo then uploads to Imgur. If you then place your pointer arrow anywhere inside the pic you'll see some code top right inside it along with 'Copy' and a small 'V'.

If you only want to post a link to the pic on Threetowners, click on Copy then paste the code into your post.
If you want the actual photo itself to appear, place your pointer arrow on the small V and in the wee drop down menu that appears click on 'Get Share Links'
Then, in the box that appears Copy the code just below 'BBCode (forums)', paste it into your Threetowners post and Boab's yer Uncle. :)

I think it's best to resize any pics I'm going to post to 640 pixels wide or less before I upload them, as smaller files take far less time to upload.
Last edited by michaelm on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Showing your images using Imgur

Post by Hughie »

Well done Michael. Yes resizing images to 640px wide works great for our forum. I use photoscape.org to resize and edit if required.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Hughie wrote:Yes resizing images to 640px wide works great for our forum.
Works well for me too Hughie.
I use the free Windows 'Photo Gallery' for cropping, re-sizing, editing etc. but I'm sure Photoscape and other such free software progs. will do just as good a job.
The funny thing is, I spent a few pounds two or three years ago purchasing Adobe Photo shop Elements - which is a scaled down version of their full programme. I'm not knocking it as it has some very powerful editing tools included, but I found that as all I wanted to do was some basic editing stuff to pics there were far too many choices to make and subsequently too much to learn, so I never use it these days.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Imgur have updated their site yet again .... see post 1 above.
Reminds me a wee bit of Windows Operating Systems upgrades, as after every upgrade I usually thought ... Whit dae ah dae here!!? :)
floydian slip
Settling In
Settling In

Post by floydian slip »

Hi folks
Having a mare trying to upload photos as don't have pc or laptop, only a galaxy s20 , can imgur be installed on this.
The phone obviously has editing capabilities but I can't get some stuff to go below 250kb, even black and white snaps 🤯🤯
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

All my image manipulation is done through photoscape.com on my laptop. Perhaps google and see what others do in your situation. :puter