Home Pages Update

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Home Pages Update

Post by Hughie »

I've been working on a long overdue update to our threetowners home pages (not this forum). All being well, in another ten days or so we should see those updated pages go live - bear with me while this happens.

Please be patient while I resolve any broken links between the new pages and this forum.
Anne
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: Home Pages Update

Post by Anne »

Hope the New Home page will be idiot proof Hugh ?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Anne, I don't think anyone should have any problems navigating the new home pages when they go live. :wink:

That said, I would appreciate any feedback here.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

The new home pages are now live. A big plus for those researching family is that the Landsborough Lists (Pre 1841 Censuses) are now easily searched. See the Family Research section at http://www.threetowners.com
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Very smart and upto date Hughie. :D

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

A welcome update to how the Homepages look Hughie. The only downside for me at the moment is the School Photos Section. I attended Saint Johns Primary and along with a lot of other folk enjoyed the photos from there that were previously on view. For some reason or other a few of those pics are now missing, yet all the photos from Saint Michaels for instance, have been retained even though that School was outwith the three towns.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Thanks, Sweet Caroline. :)

Also, thanks for the heads-up, Michael. I've added the two that were missing,1963 and C1966. And, I've yet to add Peter Bird's St Johns Football page, hope to do that shortly.

There are other school photos in the schools forum which I couldn't add to the old web pages, I'll add them when I can find the time - I'm in rest and recovery mode at the moment. :roll: :wink:
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Cheers Hughie and also apologies, as I thought it might have been a software blip that led to some pics not being there. Didn't realise you had to do it manually yourself.
Enjoy the wee rest. :)
Last edited by michaelm on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

I can't quite see how the search box on the home page is meant to work; I can fill it in all right but then there's nowhere to press " search ".

Susan
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Susan,

If on a computer just hit the enter key after you type in the search word. If on a tablet like an iPad hit the GO button on the pop up keyboard.

The search facility on Wordpress isn't the best. I'll test a couple of plugins to maybe enhance it - ideally the search word should be highlighted in the result to my way of thinking.
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Thanks, Hughie. Never been used to using that method for a search, but needless to say it works fine.

There seems to be at least one page missing that used to be in the Ardrossan section I think, on Joe Cunningham; noticed that because I recently came across some links to it.

I also notice that there are some more substantial omissions; The Herald Files 1899-1906 for one; and the pictures of Ardrossan, Saltcoats and Stevenston that used to be in the sections for each town. Will these be reappearing anywhere ?

Susan
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

down south wrote: Will these be reappearing anywhere ? Susan
Hi Susan,
Over time they will for the most part be reappearing - see in the footer of all pages, there is a section there with a list of Recently Added pages.