Talktalk AOL and the Carphone Warehouse hack

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Talktalk AOL and the Carphone Warehouse hack

Post by stivis »

It seems that the hack to CPW , has TalkTalk in a tis as CPW is a "partner to TalkTalk (there words not mine) they appear to have made a horse's collar of their system by throwing at people a HomeSafe firewall type program , the program appears to be so inadequate that it'll block Sooty and Sweep,
And you can't seem to get rid of it that and the help center are .......well let's give them the benefit of doubt ........totally useless.
Coupled with that they appear to be flogging off the data, I could be wrong is that not what more or less happened with CPW,,,,,,,,Oh sorry they got hacked so TT decide to save hackers the trouble, by selling it
Who did this Business Plan? Michelle Mone,,,, I suppose that's the reason it's going tits up
You can remove the cookies to a point but not all of them, I wonder too if by using the USA as a base they breach the Data Protection Act ,well I know that the UK DPA is not applicably in the US

If you're using TT/AOL email , the connection is none too clever, it's not that quick (now) but an upgrade is available at an extra £15 per Month and a £25 connection fee but the £15 will become around £20 in a years time
Plus can we interest you in a Mobile contract and phone or a TV contrract
Tab History ? well I had about 90 to 120 tabs open, easy enough to restore via "restore previous session" .......well not now

At the moment if I can't fix it In seven days it'll be bye bye to AOL after 17 years ,
The point to this is If you use any of the above check the allowed cookies and bin the ads