Windows 10

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Windows 10

Post by michaelm »

sweet caroline wrote:Funny, I have Norton too, but no problem with my outlook mail. I have had other updates added and I am back to the new sign in, but everything else is fine.

Sc
Glad to hear that SC. I use Norton as well.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

John Donnelly wrote:Michael,

Yussssssss.

Thank goodness for somebody that can give a clear set of instructions in simple English that an eejit like me can follow.

Thanks a lot Michael. You will by this time have understood that it WORKED.

A very happy JD.
Good to hear that it seems to have done the trick JD, and I'm sure you're no' really an eejit.

I wouldn't have been able to help much here if I hadn't used the link provided by Hughie in the other topic. When I saw the thread on there about this specific problem after upgrading, and how it might be solved, it made sense to look into it a bit more.
As for giving clear instructions in simple English, I can only put that down to the good education I got at old St.Johns. :wink:
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

New updates on Friday night .Now my computer is that sluggish, and today could not sign in .Wonder if there has been more updates last night.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Something was added yesterday, just took it off. Computer working a dream. :D

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

I've got genuine Windows 7 but did not receive an icon invitation :cry: for Windows 10.

Q. What was the selection process which determined recipients of the free upgrade?
Q. Has the close-by date passed for free upgrade?

Thank you.
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Jim, You have a year from the date of its release to download the free upgrade to Windows 10 from both windows 7 and 8.

Ensure you have Windows Update enabled, you should then see the upgrade icon. :wink:
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Aha, thanks for that Hughie. FINALLY, a "freebie" ! Normally, I couldn't win a cold in a raffle :lol:
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

Hughie wrote:Jim, You have a year from the date of its release to download the free upgrade to Windows 10 from both windows 7 and 8.

Ensure you have Windows Update enabled, you should then see the upgrade icon. :wink:

I read on Facebook this morning it will download whether you want it or not. I got rid of it, now I will have to go through it all over again.....don't like it :puter
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

There is supposed to be a small Windows icon to update to W10. I've tried everything (Auto Update is On and No outstanding Updates) to no avail. :shock:

I can't be bothered stuffing around! Thank God these 'pooter thinga-me-bobs are a passing fad which will never catch on! :?
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

chriso
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by chriso »

I had a few problems with trying to install windows 10.
I had several try's on the microsoft web site all to no avail, so I took my tablet into the local computer shop and after having it for a day or so,he told me it wouldn't install.
A couple of weeks ago I got a message from microsoft asking if I wanted the update, so I clicked on ok and was informed it would be installed automatically some time soon.
Last week It started downloading and after it finished, it started down loading again, but didn't install.
I resigned myself to windows 8, and lo and behold windows 10 downloaded again this morning and installed this time.
It seems to be working fine fingers crossed.
Idiot - seeks village.
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

I consulted my local computer shop and was advised to wait until Windows 10 Service Pack 1 is released, then download both.

Just my 2-bobs worth.
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

chriso
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by chriso »

Jim, my computer automatically checked for updates and installed them before down loading windows as in my post earlier.
Have microsoft contacted you yet to register for the updates. Seemingly they are able to check your computer to see if you are entitled to the update, as happened to me.
Idiot - seeks village.