Windows 10

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Windows 10

Post by michaelm »

Last edited by michaelm on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Windows 10

Post by Hughie »

My understanding is, that with the release of Windows 10 in July this year, there will be no more versions of Windows. Instead, the operating system will now continually be upgraded like it does at present to repair bugs. I understand these smaller upgrades are planned to continue without the need for a major version release.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Oh dear...I fear I'll be a goner! :roll: I'll need to have ye all haul me back on board and resuscitate me!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Last edited by michaelm on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

michaelm wrote:Anyone who went to St John's and then onto St Mick's - no matter their age - shouldn't be afraid of new technology morag :wink:
Maybe you're just being a wee bit sarcastic here for a laugh ? :)

Windows 10, as Hughie says, looks like it's going to be the last 'version' of microsoft windows.

Maybe they have something else in the pipeline that will eventually supersede it?
Me? Sarcastic? ;) but honest, technology baffles me a wee bit. I still kind of go into shock when my cell / mobile phone rings, How do I answer this thing??!!when I remember to have it...at least it keeps my kids amused, and they haven't bought the straightjaikit yet :)
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

as I write this post i am in process of downloading to upgrade my laptop to windows 10, even after all the upgrades I still could not get the little window icon on my taskbar, but got a Microsoft site that gave me the option to upgrade this pc or load it onto a pen drive or dvd for another pc, it also said on the website windows 7 users (which I am) would have a better installation experianc using the media installation tool, but I havnt done that im just downloading it directly to my pc, ill let you know how I get on

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

well ive downloaded windows10, will take a wee bit of getting used to, theres an option that is valid for 1 month of the installation to go back to your original operating system, but so far I like it, its just a case of finding your way around, if anyone else upgrades will be interesting to see how they get on.

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Last edited by michaelm on Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

hi Michaelm

I'm not so sure that you have to manualy download updates and patches, i think (though I might be wrong)that it will do it automatically without any promp from the user, I might but not sure just yet revert back to my windows7 before the month expires,I can then do it again later after any problems (if there will be any) with it have been sorted out, teething problems I don't mind, you get that with any new system not just windows, but if its something major then ill uninstall it and wait a wee while.

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Last edited by michaelm on Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Downloaded Window 10 on Thursday night, all fine yesterday. To-day my screen is on Black ,with coloured writing,different signing in procedure, no mail box on my tiles .Stated updates have been added. HELP!

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Have just sent them a message by clicking on the emote on the right hand side top. You can also include a screen picture.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller