Broadband services

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Broadband services

Post by brian f »

What is your broadband service like in the threetowns ?
Am i correct that Virgin Media is not available if not its about time it was !
Witterquick
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Broadband services

Post by Witterquick »

BT Infinity has been rolled out to the majority of the three towns (frustratingly enough, not to cabinet 5 which serves my local area!). I don't think virgin have rolled out to the area yet though
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Well i know am not it the three towns but am in Irvine and my isp is called smallworld and here is my speedtest this is cable broadband.

if you would like to test your speed you can do it here http://www.speedtest.net/

bestwishes Jimmy
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Was with smallworld but they have been taken over by Virgin Media and as you can see my speed of my net is faster and it is fibre optic and this is with wifi and when i use my pc with Ethernet Cable it's a lot faster up to 150 Mbps download speed.

brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Jimmy ,At times i think Virgin exaggerate speeds although i think it's the best you can get, have you got any tv packages with them ? BT sport and At the Races( Horseracing ) is included on some and if you are a new customer Netflix which annoys me as i have been with them for years and i have to pay extra . :club:
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Hi Brian f, I have all channels apart from Racing uk , i have netflix but never watched it but i will phone and ask the ? if i have to pay for it, as i went it to it and i could watch a movie without adding a code or anything.So i call call to be safe