How to show images on threetowners using Imgur

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: How to show images on threetowners using Imgur

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

its cigar wullie (stagecoach bus driver) first on left second from left is a wee chap from stevenston not sure of his name but him an wullie are great buddies, the other two im not sure who they are and its the millport country an western festival that was them making there way along to join the parade you will also see them here again in millport.

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
ardrossanrentboy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by ardrossanrentboy »

The big guy is Bill Armstrong now of Ardrossan originally N. Ireland. On the YouTube video you can see he's kidding on at playing the guitar cos he's an expert on the Moothie and the Squeezebox, but not easy to play when you're strolling in Millport.
huey1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by huey1 »

Hi

Thx ,for me its as clear as mud but we'll give it a try

Hughie
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi to the other Hughie,

Referring back to the first post in this topic, This is the code that was copied into the post to reproduce the image below.

Code: Select all

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4rd7rp0l.jpg[/img]
The final image - feel free to have a go in our member's practice area.
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

Hughie what is IMGUR? is it like Photobucket? :puter
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Yes, you can store your photos on Imgur and share them. I prefer it to Photobucket. :puter
Newenglander
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Newenglander »

A wee test page for an image.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

ardrossanrentboy wrote:Morag, I used to play guitar and sing along with Bill Armstrong firstly at the Community Centre in Stanley Road then at The Masonic and Volunteer Arms in Dalry before we tried the Tap Shoap ( didny work oot!) then the Alton Inn in Kilwinning. Bill frequently busks for a few hours on the moothie and wee squeezebox at the base of the Wallace Monument in Ayr's High Street. We also tried playing with Stagecoach Wullie in the Saltcoats Labour Club ... I still play Dalry mostly although we played for Jim McIntyre's 70th birthday party in the Ardrossan Accies Social Club a coupla weeks back ... great night ... where else would you get a band wi' 14 musicians?
Am with you on the images thing but for different reasons
Used to go to the Red Herring as we called it, the downstairs front part of the pub, there was a clancy brothers type of group, pretty good then a trio from Greenock I think, totally different but also good. Would not be surprised if Mr. Armstrong is a relative of mine.
Think I'd manage imaging better on my other pc, but I don't have any stored images to speak of.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Newenglander
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Newenglander »

I did go and put an image on imjur but I don't seem to have been able to select the large thumnails option. Can a mod tell me if this has made the picture too large for file size limits? I'll delete it if it is.

Regards
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Newenglander,

The size of your image on imgur's servers is 1404 x 1037 pixels. Since a recent update to our forum's software over sized images get re-sized to 640 pixels wide on our forum - before the update anything over 640 was cut off.

No problem with our storage as it's on Imgur's servers, we only show the link. I've got into the habit over the years of re-sizing, cropping and editing images on the free software http://www.photoscape.org/ before uploading.