Saltcoats Junior Secondary (Jacks Road 1963)

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Saltcoats Junior Secondary (Jacks Road 1963)

Post by Hughie »

Saltcoats Junior Secondary (Jacks Road 1963) - forwarded by Jim Barr. Photo source Davie Thomsan.
Can you add the missing name on the front row?

Back row L to R: Andy Bruce, David Pettigrew, Stuart Roley, Hugh Currie.
Middle row: Robert Oliver, Colin Christie, Jim Laughlan, Tommy Simmonds, David McCallum.
Front row: 1?, Brian Futter, Alister Fisher, David thomsan, Sandy Edgar, Jim Fullerton.
davy-t
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Saltcoats Junior Secondary (Jacks Road 1963)

Post by davy-t »

I think the missing name on the front row left could be Bobby Russell who stayed in Craigs place.
boots1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boots1 »

Can I ask if anyone knows when this school was offical opened i know in 1971 it became St Andrews Academy how many years before this was it opened am intrested to find out when This buildings opened hope someone can help me
exsalt
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by exsalt »

I think it was 1961 when it opened. I'm sure I was in the first class to move to the Big school from Kyleshill? I've wondered at times if there had ever been a reunion of ex pupils? Unable to find a link to Saltcoats Junior Secondary but I suppose that's because it doesn't exist anymore!
josereyes
New Poster
New Poster

Post by josereyes »

Well I was at Saltcoats Public school from 1958 onwards and then moved to Saltcoats Junior Secondary. I recall that the teacher took our class up to visit our classroom and see other parts of the school before the school was officially opened! That was a novelty a I remember, I think it was about 1961 . It was nice to move to a brand new school!
I think the teacher was either Mrs Smith or Miss McKnight ,both really good teachers. Headmaster Mr Bryson, Some of the pupils I remember from then include...
Jean Milroy, Nancy Burns, Hugh McClaren,Nancy Campbell, Campbell Leach,Linda Forbes,Helen Maxwell,Isobel Tate

...regards

Hamish McCreight
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

A warm welcome to the threetowners Hamish.

Meg