St Michaels Kilwinning

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: St Michaels Kilwinning

Post by Meg »

Is Willie Hazelton a relative on your dad's side Mitchy? Name is ringing a faint bell.

Meg
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Thanks for the photos. I had forgotten just how large St. Micks in Irvine was and you can't even see the footsie (footsie? :lol: - this da**ed iPad changes the spelling - HONEST!) footie field!!
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."
Mitchy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Mitchy »

Meg wrote:Is Willie Hazelton a relative on your dad's side Mitchy? Name is ringing a faint bell.
Meg
Meg,

I was browsing the site and found this post from you to me, which I don't believe I ever answered.

Willie Hazelton is my Mum's sister's son, or Aunt Agnes as she was always known to me. Sadly both Agnes and Uncle Bill are no longer with us. They are survived by Willie, and his older brother and sister, Charles and Marion.

There are also Hazelton's from Ardrossan that you may remember, who are relatives of Willie. The mother and father were John and Jessie, and the children are Billy, Ian, Margaret and Drew.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Mitchy wrote:
Willie Hazelton is my Mum's sister's son, or Aunt Agnes as she was always known to me. Sadly both Agnes and Uncle Bill are no longer with us. They are survived by Willie, and his older brother and sister, Charles and Marion.
Of course - I knew the name rang a bell, But I always think of your mum and Agnes as Gordons!

Good to see you posting.

Meg
ash
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by ash »

Top Row, left to right: Unknown, Unknown, Martin Jack, Willie Hazelton, Unknown, John Collins, Gerry Quigg

Middle Row, left to right: Derek Griffen, Unknown, Liam McMillan, Jim Jenkins, John McLaughlin, Hugh Lennon, Donald Murchie, Frank Turbet

Bottom Row, left to right: John Griffin, Peter Edge, Bobby Mann, Joe Hume, John Donald, Joe Clancy (School Captain), Unknown, Tony McGoogan

The year is 1976
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

At the school in Irvine we were allowed out the back gate to the moor to wander, play ....were cautioned not to go down to the weir, some of us lassies went down to the river, yes, right at the weir, and the teacher was furious when she saw us. "I told you NOT to go the weir!" Me, innocently, "but Miss, That's the Irvine." Cracked her up and she let us all off.. :lol:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

ash wrote:Top Row, left to right: Unknown, Unknown, Martin Jack, Willie Hazelton, Unknown, John Collins, Gerry Quigg

Middle Row, left to right: Derek Griffen, Unknown, Liam McMillan, Jim Jenkins, John McLaughlin, Hugh Lennon, Donald Murchie, Frank Turbet

Bottom Row, left to right: John Griffin, Peter Edge, Bobby Mann, Joe Hume, John Donald, Joe Clancy (School Captain), Unknown, Tony McGoogan

The year is 1976
A warm welcome to the Threetowners Ash, looking forward to your posts.

Meg