where in the three towns is this taken

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
imajrk
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: where in the three towns is this taken

Post by imajrk »

Any idea how old these kids would be in the photo. One of them resembles a photo of my dad when he was quite young. Sandy Park was his name. He was born in 1911, so if it was around 1914 it couldn't be him.
mckay47
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by mckay47 »

imajrk wrote:He was born in 1911, so if it was around 1914 it couldn't be him.
Hi imajrk,
my grandfather was born in 1902, and I think he would have been about 12-14 yrs. old at the time of the photo, so your father would have been too young......could it be an older brother?
Betty
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Betty,

As I previously indicated, the John Norwood I pointed out was, I think, brought up in Dalry Road, Ardrossan, staying, once again I think, with his grandparents. Hughie also mentioned Marlyn and Doreen Norwood from Ardrossan, and I see a David Norwood has provided a Winton Primary school photo on Threetowners. There was also a Jock and Mary Norwood in the town, adults when I was a boy. I don't know where Mr. Norwood worked (although Electricity Board is ringing a wee bell) and Mrs. Norwood, certainly at one stage in her life, was a bus conductress with the Clyde Coast.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
rab
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by rab »

hi hughie
there was a norwood famaly that stay at the braes in saltcoats i went to school with alex norwood alex had older brothers cant remember how manny

rab