Auchenharvie Academy PE Teachers

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
boots1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Auchenharvie Academy PE Teachers

Post by boots1 »

Hi I would like to know At Auchenharvie Academy from when the school opened in august 1971 till Late June 1990

PE Teachers I want to know was there to Mr Walker's I only seen to remember Mr Andrew Walker who retired In June 1984. and he died few years ago.

But in other converstaions I have heard the rest of 80s and early 90s there was a Young Mr Walker.

Can folk write back and let me know if this is true or not so looking for years

if there is any other PE teachers then tell me as well,
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Auchenharvie Academy PE Teachers

Post by morag »

At St. John's there was a Mr. Walker, gym teacher, in the late fifties, early sixties. I believe he was ex - military and he walked with a cane. Age wise, I'd have to guess 30, 40, it was hard to tell. I don't think I ever saw him smile.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Aileen Shaw
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Aileen Shaw »

Hi
I was at Auchenharvie 72-74 the P.E. teachers were Mr Walker, Mr Maxwell, Mrs McCracken (nee Stirrit) and Miss Willie, you can check the faces from the photograph just after the school opened.
Aileen
boots1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boots1 »

Ok Thanks thats the main ones i knew

But hearing say from late 70s 80s and early 90s there was anothr Mr Walker thats what iv been trying to figure out.

am sure there will be others, out there that can help.
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Hi Boots1 yes there was two Mr Walkers one was in his late 50's or 60's and the other was in his 30's or 40's the last time i seen the younger of the two was about 9 or 10 years ago he was a teacher at Irvine Royal and one of my other teacher was the head teacher there his name was Mr Reid with the funny beard i think he was a History Teacher and a partime actor as well.

Hope this help bestwishes Jimmy
tuc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tuc »

Jimmym wrote:Hi Boots1 yes there was two Mr Walkers one was in his late 50's or 60's and the other was in his 30's or 40's the last time i seen the younger of the two was about 9 or 10 years ago he was a teacher at Irvine Royal and one of my other teacher was the head teacher there his name was Mr Reid with the funny beard i think he was a History Teacher and a partime actor as well.

Hope this help bestwishes Jimmy
thats right about the 2 walkers the young one had a long chin

mr reid was history and a asistant head
ebbe_skovdahl
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ebbe_skovdahl »

I left Auchenharvie in 1992 and I think the younger Mr Walker you mention was still there then. I cant remember his christian name but he must have been late 30's then, might have been David? He was a member at Ardeer Golf Club and was quite a good golfer if I remember.