Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

St. Johns Class Photo C1958

Post by Hughie »

St. Johns Class Photo C1958 Source - Margaret (Boyle) Cunningham
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
Back row L to R : Patrick Joseph Trainor, John Patterson, Andrew Lynn, Kenneth Traynor, William Barr, Bernard McCall, John Murphy. Middle Row : Bernard Laughlan, Maureen O'Rourke, Thursa Robertson, Collin Campbell, Catherine Miller, Romana BiagoniGeorge Hutchison. Front row : Elizabeth Steele, Anne Convery, Mary Farrell, Catherine Taylor, Margaret Boyle, Carol Reynolds, Eliz Rogers. Very front : Susan Miller, Catherine Murphy.

Anyone have a better quality print?
Aileen Shaw
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: St. Johns Class Photo C1958

Post by Aileen Shaw »

Hi
In the photo Andrew Lynn did he have a few brothers. Stevie,Stewart and sisters Isobel, their mother stayed in Elms Pl and Mrs Lynn married to Mr Eldridge they stayed in Canal ?? next to Murdoch Cres. Stevenston
Aileen
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Aileen, the only Lynn I remember in Stevenston was Polly Lynn, aunt to the Reid boys in Glencairn St. I don't think she had any children. So maybe Lynn's from the bottom end? Ridiculous as small as our towns are we didn't know families from 'the other side'! :roll:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
BWalsh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by BWalsh »

The Lynn family stayed in Misk Knowes, no. 72 if memory serves me correct. Davie used to subscribe (remember Phesdo Place!) to this site in the early days, as did Andrew. I think Davie paassed away after only a few postings. There was at least one other brother and sister.

While I'm here. There are notices round the towns advertisingan event at Saltcoats Road, Stevenston -I presume at Auvhenharvie. When did it become Saltcoats Road?