Winton Primary - Class Photo 1956

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Winton Primary - Class Photo 1956

Post by Hughie »

Winton Primary December 1956 - Source Betty McInnes (nee Reid)
1. Back row L/R : Brian Boyd, David McKerrel, Michael Lauchlan, Ian Pettigrew, ??, ??, David Wardrope, Ian Chapman, Findlay Alcroft, Donald McKenzie, Jim Smith
2. Alison Martin, Patsy Flinn, Christine Green, Jessie Brown, May Brown, Janice Grayston, Jacueline Brown, Anette Austin, Adrienne McKee, Elizabeth Reid
3. Sadie McMillan, Catherine Hannah, Sadie Scott, ??, Helen Slaven, Wilma Dunlop, Averil Rennison, Marion Francis, Wilma Steel, Eleanor Boyce, Jacqueline Morton, June Hutton
4. Ian Bruce, Ronald Simpson, Archie Taggart.

If you can supply the missing names it would be appreciated.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Winton Primary - Class Photo 1956

Post by Penny Tray »

Betty,

It was nice to meet you again at the HOMECOMING DANCE. You're a trifle younger than me so I'm at a loss to understand why I recognise you and 17 of your classmates from this photo. Four - Findlay Alcroft, Jim Smith, Patsy Flynn and Helen Slaven - had brothers or sisters in my class at school so this might be relevant. Also, as I said at the dance, I remember your brother Ricky, whom I think was older than you and me, and has nothing directly to do with this photo.

Thanks for making this photo available.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
unicornheart
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by unicornheart »

thanks for the memory betty, i am going to visit sadie for her 60th this yr so i will get her to log on and see the picture. how is your ricky? i see your dad every thursday
canfactory
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by canfactory »

Thanks from me too Betty. I see two ex-Clyde Terrace folks there, Patsy Flinn and Ian Chapman. Patsy I know lives in Yate but what happened to Ian? I wonder if he's still in the three towns.

C.
unicornheart
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by unicornheart »

yes ian still lives in 3 towns saltcoats.
canfactory
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by canfactory »

Thanks unicornheart, that's really good to hear. Not seen him for years but I bet he hasn't changed much. I remember his brother George and I am sure he also had a sister but I can't recall her name. Maybe one day when I'm down in Ardrossan/Saltcoats I'll bump into him.

C.
jockbok
New Poster
New Poster

Post by jockbok »

Hello Betty,
Its Archie Taggart here. The boy next to Petty is Harkness and the one next to me is wee Rab Simpson not Ronald.
How are you and where are you these days?