Kyleshill School - Class Photo C1956

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Kyleshill School - Class Photo C1956

Post by Hughie »

Kyleshill School - Class Photo C1956. Courtesy of Robert Priestly

Come on John Bone, (Wee Boney) I'm counting on your exellent memory for this one - You look exactly like wee Davie does now. :) Anyone else with details on the missing names is most welcome to post.

Back Row, left to right. John Bone, Jack Dallas, Kevin Archibald, Robert Thomson, ?, James Wight, David Smart, William Boyd, Robert Priestly, Robert Beattie, John Howie

Middle Row, Gilbert McGinn, ?, ?, Rae Fleming, ?, ?, Jeanette Colquhoun, ?, Maureen ?, ?, Miss Kenyon (teacher)

Front Row, ?, ?, ?, ?, Carol Keys, Agnes Neilson, ?, Ruby Soden, ?, ?, Betty Paterson
Kneeling at front, Colin Andrew, ?, ?
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
Milda
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Kyleshill School - Class Photo C1956

Post by Milda »

Hamilton is Maureen's second name (middle row)
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Hi Hughie,

Here we go. Firstly I think the photo was early 1957. There were two classes mixed here. There were those of us who had already qualified to go to Ardrossan Academy and were not able to go at the beginning of February as they only had an intake once per year which was in September. Those who passed the 11+ exam had to wait another 6 months for that time to come round. Some of the class behind us moved up and we were under the one teacher, though we were in a way segregated. Those who were waiting to go to the Academy were on one side of the classroom and we had a bit of a free hand with work and did not mix much with the others. Miss kenyon spent most of her time with those who had move up.

Anyway here goes.

Back row is correct. I don't know the name of the missing one. He was from the other class.

Middle row:

Alex McGivern, Michael McKeowan, Unknown, Rae Fleming, Helen Montgomery, Unlnown, Janette Colquhoun, Ruth Hodge, Maureen Hamilton and John Russell.

Front Row:

Netta Hamilton (twin of Bobby seatd at front) Unknown, Georgina Smith, Unknown, Carol Keyes, Agnes Neilson, Ellen Ewart, Ruby Soden, Unknown, Unknown, Betty Patterson.

Seated:

Colin Andrews, Andrew Graham, Bobby Hamilton.

Since I departed the three towns I have only ever seen 5 of the people in the photograph. They are Rae Fleming, Maureen Hamilton, Helen Montgomery (for a few minutes), Ruby Soden and Betty Patterson who I was introduced in 2001 but she didn't remember me.

Alex McGivern was killed by a bus in Crosshouse not long after this picture was taken and Robert Beattie was killed on the High Road in Saltcoats as a young man. Maureen Hamilton died Last year.
If anyone can throw any light as to where any of the others are I would be very interested to find out.

Wee Boney from up in the back row.
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Hi Wee Boney,
As far as i know Coiln Andrews still stay's in saltcoats i work with his lad and i have got photo's of him when he was younger as he was a page boy at the Saltcoats Sea Queen in the 1950's here is the link in my site if you would like to look ( http://saltcoatsphotogallery.webs.com/a ... id=5000058 ) hope this helps Bestwishes Jimmy

P.S. And Wully Loundon was asking for you as we where chating about the threetowns the other day