SS UGANDA

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

SS UGANDA

Post by Penny Tray »

I've seen the SS DUNERA mentioned once or twice but if any of you did a school cruise on the SS UGANDA the film clip at http://ssa.nls.uk/film.cfm?fid=T1294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; may bring back one or two memories.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: SS UGANDA

Post by morag »

I went on the Dunera must've been '63 or 64, though I thought '62, we went to stockholm, Copenhagen amd St. Petersburgh. Loved it! Unfortunately the film reels I took were never developed :( My older sis went on the Lisbon, Tunisia and Morocco(?) cruise. Catherine, you must've been the year between. Veronica, of shop fame's niece ,was on the same cruise with me, she was very sweet but a wee bit, I don't want to say simple but she was very maybe trusting and not street smart, but she had money. Some of the girls ( the 'hip' girls) in our dorm took advantage of that and either used her or were unkind to her in what they thought was fun. Fair sickened me. I'm glad to say I stood up to them on her behalf and that they were not from the three towns but outlying towns. :evil:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
sheenaj
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: SS UGANDA

Post by sheenaj »

I went on the 1968 trip on the SS Uganda.Maderia, Vigo potra Delgado, . I had a great time,I stayed an extr 6 months of school so I could qualify to go such, an adventure.We went to a pineapple farm in Maderia and came back on the bus with a pineapple. Problem was all we had on the bus to cut it was some lads pen knife -what a mess it made!I remeber going round St Vincent Point, waves were almost up to the top deck.We kids were up top getting soaked -teachers stayed below in lounge :) I bartered for this litle galley carved boat at Vigo-I still have it :D