St. Michael's 1921 -2007 book

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

St. Michael's 1921 -2007 book

Post by morag »

This is a site I just found and have only started to look into but boy, the memories!

Unsafe site url removed - it has Malware according to Google.

Site was irvineayrshire dot org
Last edited by Hughie on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
danmac
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: St. Michael's 1921 -2007 book

Post by danmac »

Thanks Morag for finding this link and bringing backa flood of memories. I particularly remember sing the song 'Bless Them All' on my last school day which as I remember was filled with good and some bad memories. My memory must be fading a bit but I thought that the school badge looked different but, I suppose the colours are/were the same Dark blue with yellow edges.
Tony
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

HHi Tony,
the only graphic of the badge I saw was so wee I couldn't really make it out, but it looked much the same. I only really remember the school colours of purple and gold - cool! Do you remember some pupils had gold braid on their blazers and others had gold cord? I thought the cord looked neat, of course, I had the braid :lol:
C.S.Lewis
danmac
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by danmac »

Hi Morag is your aim in life just to show me how my memory is fadeing? lol. :lol: Quit seriously though, as you say the colour of the jacket could well have been purple (ugh) and as you say there were two types of braiding. I had the tape.Did that make me a bit dumber? Then I was only a 'B' grader-
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

The blazers were black Tony. The girls could wear black or navy skirts and the boys black, grey and I don't know about navy?, trousers, and of course, a white blouse /shirt and black and gold or black, gold and thin purple stripe tie (and scarf). In summer the girls could wear a white with yellow stripes shirtwaister dress. They were actually not too bad for a school uniform! The tape / braid was about 3/4" wide ribbon sewn onto the edge of the blazer, as I said, I liked the less obvious cord. Like you, I was a B or rather Beta class student...since they had to split that group into B, Beta it would seem mst of us fit that group!

The boys could also wear a 'Barathea', which was a more fitted style blazer..way too cool! (my first boyfriend wore one :roll: :lol: )

Now if only I could remember where I left my glasses...I had them right here 2 minutes ago :smt102
C.S.Lewis