Kyleshill C1954 - Names wanted

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Kyleshill C1954 - Names wanted

Post by Hughie »

Jean Soares (formerly Simmonds) in Canada sent me the following Kyleshill School photo from around 1954.
I see my cousin Billy Lynch from Miller Road there and my golly gosh there's Wee Boney! The big wummin will be awful excited ... ;-) Can anyone add or confirm what we already have? ... Hughie in Oz

Hi Hughie:
Here goes with the memory !!
I will use lower case if I am not 100% sure and capitals if I am.

Back Row: bowie: DAVID STEVENSON: LYNCH: ?: robert Strachan: HENRY CALHOUGHN: david beck: ? Miss McMURTRY:

2ND ROW: ROBERT LOCAL: BONE:?: ?: IAN TEDFORD: JAMES REID: Alan Meiklejohn: BILLY SCOTT: BOBBY BRYCE

3RD ROW: EDITH BEST: AGNESS CAMPBELL: MORAG ARMSTRONG: EMILY SHEDDEN: JEAN SIMMONDS: betty morrow: cathy scott: senga prouse: ann; ELIZABETH FERGUSON:

FRONT ROW: MAISY BARR: ?:
Regards Jean
This photo with updated names is now available on the School Photo's page
Last edited by Hughie on Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Wee Laddie

Post by gnyaff »

Just seen the photo.

I'm afraid all the lassies will be disappointed, that's not Wee Boney in the second row. He is David Bone aka Big Boney.

The Bowie in the back row is John Bowie. The teacher is Miss Dickie not Miss McMurtry.

Senga Prouse was originally called Agnes Prouse, she liked to spell it backwards. The Ann with the missing surnme is Ann Bittern.

The other girl in the front row is Ann Jackson.

Wee Boney
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi John,

Thanks for that I'll put it up on the Kyleshill page tomorrow.

I'll miss McMaster at the Anzac dawn service - think he only goes to get the free rum in his coffee - He's over in Stinston for a few weeks.

Hughie in Oz ~ Lest we Forget
Alexmac442
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Kyleshill C1954 - Names wanted

Post by Alexmac442 »

Wow!! Just to see these familiar faces is wonderful. I guess all the faces are identified. I joined them in '58 and in class were, Danny Mcgriesh, Buff Watt, John Barbour, Hilary Bowman (I was in love with her!!) and many others. If anyone has photos af that era I would love to see them.
Alex (Sandy) McLaren
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Sandy,

I think you must have joined them at the Public School, my brother Davie went there in 1956 and left in 1959.

Wee Boney

P.S. I do remember Hilary Bowman being pointed out to me, She was rather stunning. I don't think she was born in the Three Towns, but rather came from somewhere else.

Wee Boney
Alexmac442
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Alexmac442 »

Boney., Na I went from Kyleshill to the Academy I must have got my years wrong. Also in my class was Alex lambie (Naitch) who went on to be an Architect I think.

Alex
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

thats my big sister maisie barr kneeling in the front row,she now resides in canada.
James Barr (Brvhrtjimy)